Thread: MTA configuration error

Default MTA configuration error

Well hello to everyone, I have and interesting way of restoring the seems to work fine except for one small detail. I simply backup the entire zimbra directory.
    All i do is reinstall the zimbra version the goes with the backup and i replace the
    zimbra and everything work fine when i start the services, the only problem is when i check the MTA service it seems to be running a diferent instance and cant start the on in the zimbra file, and yes i can deliver and recieve mail. How do i edit the file the works with the MTA services to redirect to work with the one in the zimbra file. Thankkkkkksssss

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat451
    Well hello to everyone, I have and interesting way of restoring the seems to work fine except for one small detail. I simply backup the entire zimbra directory.
    All i do is reinstall the zimbra version the goes with the backup and i replace the
    zimbra and everything work fine when i start the services, the only problem is when i check the MTA service it seems to be running a diferent instance and cant start the on in the zimbra file, and yes i can deliver and recieve mail. How do i edit the file the works with the MTA services to redirect to work with the one in the zimbra file. Thankkkkkksssss
    Well, if you are sending and receiving mail, your Zimbra MTA is working.

You said that "when i check the MTA service it seems to be running a diferent instance". How are you checking the MTA?
    >zmcontrol status
    should return the MTA status.

The interesting question is: How are you determining that you have 2 MTAs running?

This is what happened. I replaced the entire zimbra folder with the backed up one, this replaced the postfix folder which is link to the zimbra mta (thats what i figured out), when i go into and do the service zimbra start cammand it says mta = done so i do it again service zimbra start and it replies cant start another instance is runnig. That done and well i uninstalled the system and reinstalled it and replace the folder within zimbra that contained data not system process and it worked no error no nothing, of coarse i stop the running process first then replaced the folder and started zimbra up again. I anyone want to know the files i replaced just let me know....