Thread: modify existing user to have Samba attributes

Hybrid View

Default modify existing user to have Samba attributes

I have added Samba attribues to Zimbra and can create a new user just fine but I am unable to update existing users so that they will have the Samba attributes. I can add a samba/posix group and added the domain to Samba so they are in the drop down but when I go to save I get,
    LDAP: error code 65 - attribute 'sambaSID' not allowed

It looks like some other people have had this problem but I haven't been able to find a resolution on the forums.

I am running zimbra v5.0.16 on RHEL 4.7. I read there might have been some problems with this in early versions of Zimbra but from what I've read it has been fixed. Currently I am not doing full samba integration just the attributes into LDAP so I can use freeRadius for authentication.

I only have two small things to get my system fully functional, updating existing users with Samba attributes and then to sync user-password and sambaNTPassword which should be able to be done with zimbrSambaPassword.

Any ideas/help are greatly appreciated. zmprov and everythign was run. Is this just a matter of explicitly giving permission to sambaSID in slapd.conf?

It looks like the easiest way to update the existing users is to run the zmprov ma command to add the objectClasses. You can script this for each one of your existing users than run the whole file at once.

I'm having the same issue but when updating a group.
    LDAP: error code 65 - attribute 'sambaSID' not allowed

Which samba schema is required to work with zimbra?

Try adding the schema again as per the instructions found in UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki or UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI 6.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki if you have upgraded to 6.0.x since it sounds like the schema was not properly installed.

The rest of the schema seems working. I have been able to create users. I think zimbra expect a certain version of samba, and its schema