Thread: Upgrade fails

Default Upgrade fails

The current install is a 3.1.1 open source install on fairly clean Debian 3.1 setup.

When I did the original install on this box I had to move zimbra after I installed it because I don't have enough disk space in root for it(it was a existing server in production at my hosting provider so I can't repartition it). I moved /opt/zimbra to /home/zimbra and then did "ln -s /home/zimbra /opt/zimbra" and Zimbra has run great.

When I ran the install script it bombed out when it couldn't find any of the previous files which I suspect happened because it erased the sym link and created a new directory at /opt/zimbra. Lucky I had back it all up first and could restore from my back. I know this is exactly a standard setup but I think it shouldn't be too hard to change the install script to work with the sym link. With Zimbra in production now I can't move it back to /opt because of the lack of disk space.

As you said this really isn't a setup we support. If you want to hack it you could try to edit the installer.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I'm not seeing where things are going wrong in the install scripts. Any pointers on where I should be looking? I'm hope not inside of the debian packages........though I have a feeling that's the answer though after reading the readme_source.txt document.

You could try running the installer with "sh -x install.sh" this will give you some more debug output.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Same problem here.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2932

Hope I can restore my messages.

Let me know how it works out and if you would also post the script/list of commands you use to back & then restore that would be great.