Thread: leveraging snow leopard server?

Default leveraging snow leopard server?

It might be a little too early to tell, but are there plans to leverage the Snow Leopard Server features? Broadly speaking, there's a lot of overlap in functionality, but I also see a lot of opportunity to leverage the native services.

I have no experience running ZCS from a Mac OS server, so I'm not even sure to what degree the 10.5 services are used (does ZCS simply replace them with the "standard" set?).

Licensing wise, I gather that 10.6 server will incorporate Outlook compatibility and some form of push mail (Activesync?), so those parts could possibly be omitted in that particular NE build.

A lot of the new features around email servers in Mac OSX Server already existing in ZCS or will be present with the upcoming 6.0 release, there are no plans to abandon our implementations in favor of those provided by Apple.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

I'm not necessarily talking about abandoning either in favor of the other, but it seems the ability to switch parts might be beneficial. Mac 10.6 Server uses postfix, spamassassin, clamav, openldap, apache, etc.

I don't know anything about the specific version and build differences, of course, but the ability to use the standard tools of any platform means leveraging the existing support for that part of the software stack.

The con's are also obvious, as it means possibly handing over support for a part of the stack to a another party, but it also results in less maintenance and development for that particular platform.