Thread: postfix configuration issue

Default postfix configuration issue

Hi,

As per our client's requirement, I set permissions for DLs long back as per below instructions :

RestrictPostfixRecipients - Zimbra :: Wiki

And it was working very fine.

last weekend i got another request to stop one of the user's outgoing mail but keep incoming mail. So i followed instructions as mentioned in below link :

Restrict users to certain domain - Zimbra :: Wiki

Now these both configuration are conflicting as in main.cf
    smtpd_restriction_classes = permitted_senders_list

and in zmmta.cf
    smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only

so whenever I am reloading, "smtpd_restriction_classes" automatically resteing to "local_only". And our permitted users are not able to sendm ail to DL.

We need both configuration....can anyone please suggest how can I set both rule without its getting conflict....

Please help.

Thanks.

Why not use this instead Restrict sending to certain domains - Zimbra :: Wiki and just list the local domain for that user ?

Hi Uxbod,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one doubt...as i explained smtpd_restriction_classes entry is already exist in main.cf for another file...

and as per ur suggested link...i have to enter another smtpd_restriction_classes entry with different file and have to mentioned same entry in zmmta.cf also...

can postfix accept such multiple smtpd restriction which is pointing to different files...or will it get confuse what to restrict ??

My test server is down so can not test this right now ...but i ll definetly test it..

one more thing..in my 2nd requirement we want to completly restrict user's outgoing mails...menas he should not able to send mail to ANY DOMAIN..not even local..so last week i put some dumy domain's name which is not registered .....is it ok ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chandu View Post
    I have one doubt...as i explained smtpd_restriction_classes entry is already exist in main.cf for another file...

and as per ur suggested link...i have to enter another smtpd_restriction_classes entry with different file and have to mentioned same entry in zmmta.cf also...

can postfix accept such multiple smtpd restriction which is pointing to different files...or will it get confuse what to restrict ??
    Postfix will handle all restrictions until a match is found. If one of the restrictions says yes or no, the message will either be allowed or blocked. That probably means, that if there are no other restrictions between these files, you may even combine them into one file.

Quote Originally Posted by chandu View Post
    one more thing..in my 2nd requirement we want to completly restrict user's outgoing mails...menas he should not able to send mail to ANY DOMAIN..not even local..so last week i put some dumy domain's name which is not registered .....is it ok ??
    That could work, but make sure the domain is such that is will probably never be registered, with e.g. an long and non-existent top level domain:
    invalid.nonexistent-domain.

Regards,

Menno
    Menno Pieters
    IGI Group

You should be able to define as
    Code:
    smtpd_restriction_classes = permitted_senders_list, local_only
    that why the section header will only appear once. And Postfix will then try each one until a match is found.

Thanks uxbod and menno for your help.

I tried second link suggested by uxbod and put below entry in main.cf and zmmta.cf

smtpd_restriction_classes = permitted_senders_list, restrict_tpmail

and now postfix is considering both restrictions....
    Its working as per requirement...Thanks again