Thread: Second domain aliased to first

Default Second domain aliased to first

Hi all,

I can't seem to find an answer on my own here. First off, running Release 5.0.18_GA_3011.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.

We have 2 domains, and I want the second (the older, longer one) aliased to the first. I've done that with the website, and tried doing that with Zimbra, but it's kicking back with "relay access denied" when sending to any address on the second domain, so Zimbra isn't recognizing the second domain as valid. I don't want separate accounts, I just want a basic aliasing.

I added the second domain to the admin console under 'virtual hosts' but that didn't help me. Is there a different place I should be doing this? Would I be better off adding a second domain under Domains? I'm just looking for the simplest answer.

Thanks!

Ryan

you'll want a catchall domain i think. where anything sent to user@olddomain is sent to the same user@newdomain. it's explained here

Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki

Hmm .. ok I followed directions on that page, now I get "User unknown in virtual alias table". Any idea what that means?

Thanks!

Issue is still open; I would like to avoid wasting a trouble ticket on this if possible. Thanks.