Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    6

    Default should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

    Hi fellow admins,
    I have a simple question for all the Zimbra Admins

    As you all know, that v6.0 has been launched, should i upgrade from 5.0.18 right away or wait for some more time ??

    Can you please share your experiences - good or bad with the upgrade. ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'd wait, since there seem to be major problems in 6.0. See other forum posts/bugs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Ouch!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iway View Post
    I'd wait, since there seem to be major problems in 6.0. See other forum posts/bugs.
    OUCH! The Zimbra team can't like that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Sure won't, but: Bug 40759 – Mailbox not accessible if folder is shared to a group with alises or a user with multiple zimbraMailDeliveryAddress and Bug 40737 – Zmrestoreldap cannot create directory
    These are major things, so it looks like 6.0.1 will be squeezed in to address those major problems, pushing the original 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 (see: Zimbra Product Portal).

    So, my opinion: Wait at least for 6.0.1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Any major software release is bound to have bugs. 6.01 will be coming to address these, so have patience. In my opinion, those people who jump into a new major release without doing a full test upgrade, need to re-examine their change management procedures. So while Zimbra has always had some QA issues (remember the 5.0 launch), we also bear responsibility for ensure our environments work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I have Zimbra 5.0.11 and I'm going to wait for 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 to upgrade.

    I think at this point there is no point to update to 5.0.18, doesn't it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Yes; a major security breach was fixed. So I would recommend upgrading.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Do you recommend to update/upgrade by now to version 5.0.18 or 6.0.0 ?

  9. #9
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andremta View Post
    Do you recommend to update/upgrade by now to version 5.0.18 or 6.0.0 ?
    Yes, you should upgrade.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Yes, you should upgrade.
    You were talking about 5.0.18 or 6.0.0?

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade instructions in 5.0.10 too muddy to understand
    By johnshen in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 06:19 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM
  3. M1 -> M2 Upgrade Scripts
    By KevinH in forum Announcements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •