Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zimbra uses too much resource?

I was wondering i'm having this same issue with a xen vm and zmlogger issue. I was wondering do you think it's better to run the zimber 5 or stuck with the 6 and turn off the logger. If i do turn off the logger what would stop working?

yes, could be related to VMware. but the 6.0.0 upgrade had an issue for sure with zmlogger. unless zimbra is using now a new 'feature' that interacts with the threading or so, i suppose rather that there maybe something left to improve there.

i've been using zimbra (since 4.5) with vmware and found its rather light demands on hardware always a "plus". i'm not returning to any exclusive server demanding mailserver.

as you can see on the "picture 1" with the month-view its already alot better after the 6.0.1 upgrade and the the webinterface responds quick enough now. we can live with the current situation. but the cpu load has doubled when you compare with the first and i hope zimbra folks can get it back the previous level.

thanks !

Khris4,

when you upgrade from 5.0.18 to 6.0.0 you need to turn off the zmlogger for sure. you will be in trouble if you don't.

i went to 6.0.1 and the zmlogger is still running now. the load is more or less double but it don't peak to 100% anymore. for my hardware and usages is OK for now. as i'm not looking too much to the logging, having no statistics didn't bother me too much. OKOK, i should be ashame !

here is a "top" from within the zimbra server and as you can see it still uses alot cpu. i will try to stop zmlogger and have a look at the result.

gr. Lars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't do a upgrade, I started off with a new install. That the reason why i'm asking should i just go with zimbra 5.0 since i this a new server. i'm not sure if i gain any from having 6.0 with the log issue

Quote Originally Posted by khris4 View Post
    I didn't do a upgrade, I started off with a new install. That the reason why i'm asking should i just go with zimbra 5.0 since i this a new server. i'm not sure if i gain any from having 6.0 with the log issue
    Go for the version 5, you will have a perfect stable server. For sure there will be soon a new patch for the issues that are left. You can upgrade then in a few weeks for the new features.

from you knowledge is there anything different from the interface on 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by khris4 View Post
    from you knowledge is there anything different from the interface on 5.0
    You can check the release document
    some changes are:
    • web interface
    • some function in the core of zimbra