Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Daily report shows emails to zimbra from zimbra every ten minutes

Quote Originally Posted by cubittech View Post
    Thanks. This sent me down a few roads. I soon realised that the mail command wasn't working to any address!

Eventually I solved the issue by symlinking /user/sbin/sendmail to /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/sendmail as I realised that sendmail was not working at all on my system.

Although you could do it manually by issuing:
    ln -s /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

but I actually used the "update-alternatives" command like so:
    update-alternatives --install /usr/sbin/sendmail mta /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/sendmail 90

So now I can send stuff using the mail command but not to "zimbra". However, on my RHEL5.4 64bit server I don't have a folder called /usr/share/sendmail-cf/cf so I'm a bit uncertain what to do next :-)
    So after you setup the symlink you could send mail to some users with the mail command. What happens if you try to send mail to the user zimbra from the Zimbra web client? With the mail command, will it work if you use the full email address, "mail zimbra@mydomain.com"?

To get the sendmail-cf folders, install the sendmail-cf RPM. It should be on you installation media or you can use yum to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by zmailcc View Post
    So after you setup the symlink you could send mail to some users with the mail command. What happens if you try to send mail to the user zimbra from the Zimbra web client? With the mail command, will it work if you use the full email address, "mail zimbra@mydomain.com"?

To get the sendmail-cf folders, install the sendmail-cf RPM. It should be on you installation media or you can use yum to install it.
    If I do just "mail zimbra" the message seems to vaporise. If I send do "mail zimbra@mydomain.com" then it works.

I will try to install the sendmail-cf stuff and post back.

Hi zmailcc,

I have followed your sendmail config changes but alas if I do "mail zimbra" the message does not arrive anywhere. Do I need to restart anything for the changes to take effect?

This is no biggy now - just a matter of curiousity really. Thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers,
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by cubittech View Post
    Hi zmailcc,

I have followed your sendmail config changes but alas if I do "mail zimbra" the message does not arrive anywhere. Do I need to restart anything for the changes to take effect?

This is no biggy now - just a matter of curiousity really. Thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers,
    Guy
    A restart is not required as sendmail reads submit.cf each time it is invoked with the -t option. Do you still have sendmail symlinked to the postfix version of sendmail that installed with Zimbra? It has its own configuration files that are a different format. If you remove the symlink and let it go back to using the sendmail installed with RHEL, that would match my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by zmailcc View Post
    A restart is not required as sendmail reads submit.cf each time it is invoked with the -t option. Do you still have sendmail symlinked to the postfix version of sendmail that installed with Zimbra? It has its own configuration files that are a different format. If you remove the symlink and let it go back to using the sendmail installed with RHEL, that would match my setup.
    Of course. You're right and now everything works.

Excellent stuff - thanks very much.

G

You are welcome.