Thread: ZCS 5 + ZCS 6 sync

Default ZCS 5 + ZCS 6 sync

Hi.

I currently am running ZCS 5.0.14 32 bit (call it server A) with over 2000 users on Cent OS 5.2 32 bit edition. I have freshly installed ZCS 6 32 bit (call it server B) on another server machine with Cent OS 5.3 64 bit edition. Server B is a fresh install and thus doesn't have any users. Server A and B are right next to each other and can communicate with each other over the LAN. Now here's my plan. I wish to first migrate all users and mails from server A to server B and make server B my main mail server. Also I would like to install 64 bit Cent OS on server A and install Zimbra 6 on it (call this new configuration: server A$). Now, I would like A$ to be a fall back server just in case server B crashes, so I would want all my mail and users to be replicated on A$ from B i.e. I wouldn't want a user to know that server B crashed and so server A$ must contain all mails and user accounts as in B.

Please tell me how I can go about doing this kind of a migration.

Thanks and regards.
    Meher Anand

Why are you running the 32 bit Zimbra on a 64 bit os?

As for the migration try checking out the zmztozmig tool included with ZCS 6, instructions on how to use it can be found in the release notes in the "Beta-quality features included with ZCS 6.0" section.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneMagus View Post
    Why are you running the 32 bit Zimbra on a 64 bit os?

As for the migration try checking out the zmztozmig tool included with ZCS 6, instructions on how to use it can be found in the release notes in the "Beta-quality features included with ZCS 6.0" section.
    I am presently running 32 bit Zimbra 5 on 32 bit Cent OS 5.2 and freshly installed 64 bit Zimbra 6 on 64 bit Cent OS 5.3.