Thread: Zimbra mass mail statistics

Post Zimbra mass mail statistics

Hi,

Our company is in the process in conceptualising and developing a brand promotion and mass email marking application. The application is being developed in Java and we are thinking of the scope of having Zimbra as the mailserver. We are already using Zimbra as our corporate mail server and thus we are interested in the scope of having it in mass email marketing. Our application will provide the scope of marketing email creation and the mass emails will be send out from the application itself using zimbra as the SMTP gateway. Now my question is: Is it possible for an external application to gather and present the mass email statistics (viz. percentage of read mails, unread mails, bounced mails, clicked mails on a per email campaign basis) to its users through a set of zimbra APIs ? I am having a system/mail admin role in our organization and thus any help/insights on this issue will go much far in proposing the right kind of approach to our dev team.

Thanks,

Swarnava

Only way you are gonna be able to track most of those metrics is by sending an image url with each message and tracking the stats on the web server that hosts the image. Bounced emails you could handle, but not sure about the Zimbra API.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

Hi,

Can you please describe the process of sending an image URL with the message?

Thanks,

Swarnava

I could be mistaken but I believe he/she means that imbeding a image url in an html e-mail would make most clients and html e-mails download that image. From the webserver that hosts that image you could track who downloaded it, giving you some of the data your looking for.