I have a few mailboxes that have the following error show up in mailbox.log when I try to reindex them:
Code:
2009-09-30 14:50:19,991 WARN  [ReIndex-1] [name=user@company.com;mid=11;] indexadd - Caught exception while indexing message id 7664 - indexing blocked.  Possibly corrupt index?
java.lang.NullPointerException: value cannot be null
        at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.<init>(Field.java:275)
        at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.<init>(Field.java:251)
        at com.zimbra.cs.index.LuceneIndex.addDocument(LuceneIndex.java:199)
        at com.zimbra.cs.index.MailboxIndex.indexMailItem(MailboxIndex.java:501)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper.indexingPartOfEndTransaction(IndexHelper.java:994)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.endTransaction(Mailbox.java:6587)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper.indexItemList(IndexHelper.java:889)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper.indexDeferredItemsInternal(IndexHelper.java:359)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper.indexDeferredItems(IndexHelper.java:277)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper.access$500(IndexHelper.java:54)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper$ReIndexTask.reIndex(IndexHelper.java:487)
        at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.IndexHelper$ReIndexTask.run(IndexHelper.java:417)
        at com.zimbra.common.util.ThreadPool$CountedTask.run(ThreadPool.java:136)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Since I get this every time I try to re-index them obviously that is not fixing the corrupt index. According to this post http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post98743 one method is to shut down zimbra, delete the users index, then start zimbra back up and it should re-index that user.

Does anybody know if that is still the correct method, or is there a better way of dealing with this problem?