Thread: 5.0.16 AND 6.0.1 running together....

Default 5.0.16 AND 6.0.1 running together....

OK, so the idea of having BOTH 5.0.16 AND 6.0.1 running together on the SAME server, production, seams quite far fetched... should I even ask if it's possible? LOL

So, would it be possible to have two servers, one 5.0.16 and the other 6.0.1, running together in the same network? ...with the same mail.domain.com? How would that work?

If this was possible could I then setup a portal page where the user could choose what version to use? ...then redirect them to the version server?

But this would create a backup nightmare, huh? ...I don't even want to think about it....LOL

Then eventually, when everyone moved to 6.0.1, would there be a way to export user settings, calendars, emails, ect from the 5.0.16 to the 6.0.1 server?

Mind you this is ONLY for ~35 accounts....

LOL...crazy ideas...can't wait for an answer...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDoze View Post
    OK, so the idea of having BOTH 5.0.16 AND 6.0.1 running together on the SAME server, production, seams quite far fetched... should I even ask if it's possible? LOL

So, would it be possible to have two servers, one 5.0.16 and the other 6.0.1, running together in the same network? ...with the same mail.domain.com? How would that work?

If this was possible could I then setup a portal page where the user could choose what version to use? ...then redirect them to the version server?

But this would create a backup nightmare, huh? ...I don't even want to think about it....LOL

Then eventually, when everyone moved to 6.0.1, would there be a way to export user settings, calendars, emails, ect from the 5.0.16 to the 6.0.1 server?

Mind you this is ONLY for ~35 accounts....

LOL...crazy ideas...can't wait for an answer...

Thanks!
    If you are worried about the upgrade to 6.0.x borking your 5.0.16 installation, then a good test is to P2V your existing Zimbra server and run the upgrade on the virtualized copy in a private non-routable network space.

We are doing all new installs on 6.0, and we are waiting for 6.0.2 to test upgrading our own and our clients 5.0 systems.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

No, I'm talking about running the two at the same time...as I described...