Thread: Unable to connect using outlook

Default Unable to connect using outlook

Using 6 OSS and SLES10. When someone tries to connect using imap and outlook 2003 or 2007, they get:

Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on server.name.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account server.nme. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I look in the logs and see nothing that pertains to this error. Any ideas?

In the zimbra admin panel, on the domain, I can click check mx and it returns an error....0 mx records found. I click on details and 2 are listed:
    1 from go daddy with a priority of 10 and then our mx with a priority of 0. Could this be the problem?

OK, so when i connect as the user that is not able to connect on the local LAN, i connect fine and get the users email. But when they connect from the internet to the mail server the get the first post error. Ports on the firewall are open and this worked for over 1 year! I can not telnet <server.name port> but i can telnet <server.name port> from the local LAN. This seems to have happened since the 6.0 upgrade. Any ideas or anybody willing to setup a client connection to our server using outlook?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by carnold View Post
    OK, so when i connect as the user that is not able to connect on the local LAN, i connect fine and get the users email. But when they connect from the internet to the mail server the get the first post error. Ports on the firewall are open and this worked for over 1 year! I can not telnet <server.name port> but i can telnet <server.name port> from the local LAN. This seems to have happened since the 6.0 upgrade. Any ideas or anybody willing to setup a client connection to our server using outlook?
    I can do a test IMAP connection using Outlook 2003. I might not be able to get to it until tomorrow morning, if you want to send the details I'll have a try.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.