Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: message in /var/spool

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Default message in /var/spool

    I have logged installed but still the report are not received, manullay sending them are not delivered in the admin account while in /var/spool i receive the following:

    Reporting-MTA: dns; mbzimbra.domain.com
    Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost.localdomain
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:55 +0300

    Final-Recipient: RFC822; admin@domain.com
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.7.1
    Remote-MTA: DNS; mtazimbra.domain.com
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.7.1 <zimbra@mbzimbra.domain.com>: Sender address rejected: Access denied
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:55 +0300

    --n9D8YtmP009273.1255422895/mbzimbra.domain.com
    Content-Type: message/rfc822

    Return-Path: <zimbra@mbzimbra.domain.com>
    Received: from localhost.localdomain (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by mbzimbra.domain.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id n9D8YtmP009270
    for <admin@domain.com>; Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:55 +0300
    Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:55 +0300
    Message-Id: <200910130834.n9D8YtmP009270@mbzimbra.domain.com >
    Subject: Daily mail report from 2009-10-12 00:00:00 to 2009-10-13 00:00:00
    X-Mailer: Mail::Mailer[v2.03] Net::SMTP[v2.31]
    To: admin@domain.com
    From: admin@domain.com

    Can anyone please help me..

    I am new to zimbra,linux ....would be thankful for ur help...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Error says
    > zimbra@mbzimbra.domain.com>: Sender address rejected: Access denied

    Do you really have domain with name mbzimbra.domain.com ? It seems to be taking the hostname in domain part which you would like to change to correct one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Question

    It is taking the hostname..CAn i know where to make the changes?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    Return-Path: <zimbra@mbzimbra.domain.com>
    Received: from localhost.localdomain (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by mbzimbra.domain.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id n9D8YtmP009270
    for <admin@domain.com>; Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:55 +0300
    It looks like sendmail is running on your system. RedHat? Try:

    /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
    chkconfig sendmail off

    Now, restart Zimbra and see if something is listening on port 25:

    /etc/init.d/zimbra restart
    netstat -atn | grep LISTEN | grep ":25"

    You may have to reconfigure Zimbra if the MTA isn't listening on port 25.

    Didn't you get any warnings during installation about port 25 and perhaps some other ports?
    Menno Pieters
    IGI Group

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menno.pieters View Post
    It looks like sendmail is running on your system. RedHat? Try:

    /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
    chkconfig sendmail off

    Now, restart Zimbra and see if something is listening on port 25:

    /etc/init.d/zimbra restart
    netstat -atn | grep LISTEN | grep ":25"

    You may have to reconfigure Zimbra if the MTA isn't listening on port 25.

    Didn't you get any warnings during installation about port 25 and perhaps some other ports?
    netstat -atn | grep LISTEN | grep ":25" returns :
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

    how can I check if send mail is running?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Well, the message header shows a certain version number that really is something sendmail inserts... Definitely not Postfix (Zimbra).

    To see if sendmail is running:

    ps auwwx | grep sendmail

    But if you just run "service sendmail stop" or "/etc/init.d/sendmail stop" it will stop... Then, run "chkconfig sendmail off" to make sure it will not start at boot time again.
    Menno Pieters
    IGI Group

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menno.pieters View Post
    Well, the message header shows a certain version number that really is something sendmail inserts... Definitely not Postfix (Zimbra).

    To see if sendmail is running:

    ps auwwx | grep sendmail

    But if you just run "service sendmail stop" or "/etc/init.d/sendmail stop" it will stop... Then, run "chkconfig sendmail off" to make sure it will not start at boot time again.
    On MTA
    ps auwwx | grep sendmail
    root 15728 0.0 0.0 5476 652 pts/1 S+ 10:39 0:00 grep sendmail

    ON Mailbox

    ps auwwx | grep sendmail
    root 6618 0.0 0.0 10316 2144 ? Ss Sep28 0:00 sendmail: accepting connections
    smmsp 6627 0.0 0.0 6800 1620 ? Ss Sep28 0:00 sendmail: Queue runner@01:00:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue
    root 19162 0.0 0.0 5108 656 pts/2 S+ 10:46 0:00 grep sendmail
    sorry about my ignorance i was not able this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    So, no sendmail running, you just see the grep command. Is anything listening on port 25 now?

    netstat -rn | grep LISTEN | grep :25
    Menno Pieters
    IGI Group

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menno.pieters View Post
    So, no sendmail running, you just see the grep command. Is anything listening on port 25 now?

    netstat -rn | grep LISTEN | grep :25
    Nothign is returned when netstat -rn | grep LISTEN | grep :25

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Sorry, my fault... Should be:

    netstat -atn | grep LISTEN | grep :25

    The result should look like:

    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

    ...if anything is listen.
    Menno Pieters
    IGI Group

Similar Threads

  1. Confused On Maximum Message Size
    By soxfan in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 07:20 PM
  2. 'Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server"
    By chirag1 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
  3. Message disappears between MTA and mailbox server
    By andrew_l in forum Administrators
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Zimbra desktop slowed down the system
    By hvle in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •