Thread: Pressing enter in search bar doesn't work in 6.0

Default Pressing enter in search bar doesn't work in 6.0

6.0 is great, there are a huge number of bug fixes that I am enjoying both as an NE administrator at work, and FOSS at home.

There is one new bug that was introduced in both with 6.0 (still there in 6.0.1) that annoys me daily:

When I type a search query and press 'enter', *most of the time* it won't perform the search until I reach for the mouse and click on the 'search' button.

I am not submitting this as a bug because I don't have reliable steps to reproduce. Happens with Firefox 3.5 on WinXP, Ubuntu and Fedora. Servers are RHEL5 for NE and CentOS5 for FOSS.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a bug in bugzilla that I missed?

Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It works fine for me in all browsers and all operating systems that I have installed. Is it possible that you may have an add-on or extension that could cause this problem? Have you tried creating a clean profile in FF (with no add-ins or extensions) and seeing if it happens then?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I use Zimbra all day at work and at home, NE at work FOSS at home, have seen this happen sporadically, but still cannot reproduce reliably.

I have seen it with a recently cleaned/brand new FF profile as well.

I will update this thread if I can come up with a well defined way to manifest the problem.

Actually I've been noticing this, it constant. Pressing enter does not trigger the search for me, tested on 6.0.1 Ubuntu running in Firefox 3.5.5, IE8 and Chrome on windows 7.

Testing from the same machine and browsers to a Zimbra running 6.0.2 shows it works fine, so I dont think it's a browser issue, in fact - it cant be.

I'll update the 6.0.1 install to 6.0.2 and see if the problem goes away, unless there's any targetted testing I can do before then?

This issue still exists in 6.0.4, but still without 100% reliable steps to reproduce.