Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: [SOLVED] 6.0.2 is out.. CardDAV on Snow Leopard update?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stiller View Post
    Just upgraded to 10.6.3 and immediately tested carddav.
    Using only username (without @domain.tld, this is on the primary domain, so it works), password and server as https://domain.tld:443, Address Book accepts the settings and generates no errors at all. Still my existing contacts don't show and added contacts are not present in Zimbra. So it seems we went from an obvious error to a silent one.

    Has anybody had more luck? This would be a great feature if it worked.
    Strange

    in fact its works: when I add a contact to adressbook, it is uploaded to zimbra server, BUT, the filename format seems different:
    something like 04434c3b-1859-420a-bbc5-85f285098bda/258.vcf for zimbra
    25CC1D18-C564-433E-B283-B653F0AE5575-ABSPlugin.vcf for adressbook
    cause of this, they cannot see the contacts of the other

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I can see the same behaviour. After backing up AB.app I copied all of my contacts to Zimbra and then deleted the local 'on my mac' ones to prevent AB.app showing duplicates. In AB.app I can now see the Zimbra contacts fine, but if I look in Zimbra webmail none of them are visible. If I erase everything in Zimbra (via AB.app) and then import all my contacts into webmail using a vCard file they're visible to both apps, but in Zimbra I see extra info in the 'other' field that is unsightly (it looks like the filename examples you put above). I guess there's a few more iterations of tweaks needed on the Zimbra side, although the core functionality appears to be there now.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I Can't get zimbra carddav working on snow leopard either.
    the start of this thread was on 10-22-2009, and it is now 11-22-10
    so it has been over a year and this problem has not been resolved

    Has anybody been able to get zimbra carddav working with some other platform?
    is it zimbra's or apple's fault?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm not sure what issue you're having, but Apple made changes in an early 10.6.x release to solve the primary bug that stopped AB.app working against anything other than the OSX Server Address Book Server. It does work against Zimbra now, although I recall having to experiment with usernames and hostnames a little, and there are a few caveats on the Apple side still, like the non-sync'ing of AB groups, and Zimbra-side contacts not showing up in the iCal birthdays calendar or being sync'able to mobile devices via iSync.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewitt View Post
    I'm not sure what issue you're having, but Apple made changes in an early 10.6.x release to solve the primary bug that stopped AB.app working against anything other than the OSX Server Address Book Server. It does work against Zimbra now, although I recall having to experiment with usernames and hostnames a little, and there are a few caveats on the Apple side still, like the non-sync'ing of AB groups, and Zimbra-side contacts not showing up in the iCal birthdays calendar or being sync'able to mobile devices via iSync.
    I am pretty sure I have tried every permutation of usernames, domains, and ports.
    I just get this "Shared Address Book configuration error" message.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmwilliams View Post
    I am pretty sure I have tried every permutation of usernames, domains, and ports.
    I just get this "Shared Address Book configuration error" message.
    The username (in AB.app) needs to be the left side of your email address, e.g. for bob@somedomain.com you enter only 'bob'. Server address needs to be the FQDN associated with you email address domain, and you need to append :80 or :443 (as required) to the FQDN, e.g. mail.somedomain.com:80 else AB.app will attempt to connect on port 8800 (default for OSX Server). That works for me.

    Do you have calendar access? ..I have a vague recollection that unless you have calendar (and thus CalDAV) in your COS, you don't get WebDAV access to your mailbox, and CardDAV requires it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewitt View Post
    The username (in AB.app) needs to be the left side of your email address, e.g. for bob@somedomain.com you enter only 'bob'. Server address needs to be the FQDN associated with you email address domain, and you need to append :80 or :443 (as required) to the FQDN, e.g. mail.somedomain.com:80 else AB.app will attempt to connect on port 8800 (default for OSX Server). That works for me.

    Do you have calendar access? ..I have a vague recollection that unless you have calendar (and thus CalDAV) in your COS, you don't get WebDAV access to your mailbox, and CardDAV requires it.
    I thought this might be the issue.
    I was told by the provider that I have to use the whole email address.
    my mail server is on a different domain mail.zimbraprovider.com
    then my email address me@mydomain.com

    is there any way I can get this to work?
    I put an cname reccord and directed mail.mydomain.com to mail.zimbraprovider.com
    then I tried using "me" as the username instead of me@mydomain.com
    and I am not having luck with this either.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I saw somebody was saying you should replace the @ sign in the username with &#64&#59;

    but I have not been able to get this to work either.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Adding the CNAME in DNS is only half of the job. Zimbra needs to be configured to associate the mail.yourdomain.com virtualhost with your domain else it just sees an inbound connection to the default domain of the server, and that's not where the 'me' mailbox exists. Have a look at the emails your provider sent when you bought the service. Most hosting companies auto-create virtualhosts like smtp/imap/pop/mail.domain.com etc. automatically when they provision you. If they didn't, just ask them to add it and you should be okay.

    NB: iCal allows you to put the email address as the account name, but AB.app isn't as mature in figuring things out. You can use @, no need for &codes.
    Last edited by chewitt; 11-22-2010 at 11:02 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I am using 10.6.8 with ZCS6.0.6 and still no luck with CardDav.
    Really hoping I can get this to work without having to use the Zimbra Connector

Similar Threads

  1. MacOS 10.6.x Snow Leopard + ZCS 6.x
    By pbo in forum Installation
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Mac OS/X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    By iway in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 07:45 AM
  3. Client changes with Snow Leopard?
    By davecowen5 in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
  4. Error after installing on Snow Leopard
    By luv2rip in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
  5. Update Received Date in Folder-Listing
    By Oswald-Kolle in forum Installation
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •