Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Changing the hostname in v6.02

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Changing the hostname in v6.02

    Hi!

    I am having problems with finding a guide that works with NE 6.02 on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit.

    I want to change the hostname so I can install my SSL cert.

    Please help!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lecco, Italy
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Have you seen this?
    ZmSetServerName - Zimbra :: Wiki
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxxer View Post
    Thank you for the respons maxxer!

    I have tried " /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername NEW_HOSTNAME" but it does not work. Maybe it is a command that used to work in NE v5.x?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lecco, Italy
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I can still find it in place in 6.0.2:
    Code:
    # find /opt/zimbra/ -iname zmsetservername
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What is the command after the path-to-file? Is it just the domain or the old domain name and the new?

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nordviks View Post
    What is the command after the path-to-file? Is it just the domain or the old domain name and the new?
    You do not enter a domain name, you enter the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) for the server i.e. mail.yourdomain.com - details are in the wiki article mentioned above. You mentione that you're trying to change the hostname in your title and now you're talking about the domain name, which one are you trying to change and what are you trying to achieve?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    OK, then you need to run the zmsetservername command you were given earlier. It's run as:

    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername 1258.serveruniversum.com
    I'd also suggest you take a backup before making the change just in case there are any problems.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    OK, then you need to run the zmsetservername command you were given earlier. It's run as:

    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername 1258.serveruniversum.com
    I'd also suggest you take a backup before making the change just in case there are any problems.
    How does this command change my Host Name, when my new Host Name is not mentioned?

  9. #9
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nordviks View Post
    How does this command change my Host Name, when my new Host Name is not mentioned?
    We seem to be going round in circles here and I'm at a loss to understand what exactly you want. You've asked how to change the hostname in Zimbra (have you not?) and you've been given the details, I don't understand where the problem is. If the hostname I posted above is not the hostname that you want then enter it on the command line as the only option.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    We seem to be going round in circles here and I'm at a loss to understand what exactly you want. You've asked how to change the hostname in Zimbra (have you not?) and you've been given the details, I don't understand where the problem is. If the hostname I posted above is not the hostname that you want then enter it on the command line as the only option.
    Sorry for the confusion!
    I want my new Host Name to be maildomain.com. Can I set this by using:

    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername maildomain.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 04:45 AM
  2. Changing Your Hostname
    By manthrax3 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
  3. Server Statistics dont work after changing hostname
    By rnuno in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
  4. Logger problems after changing hostname
    By Eric in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 05:41 AM
  5. MTA is Dying after yum update
    By tonyawbrey in forum Administrators
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •