Thread: Java certificates keystore password isn't allowed to be changed

France (Haute-Savoie)
    Exclamation Java certificates keystore password isn't allowed to be changed

Hi all,

I was configuring the SSL connexion for the web client, and for LDAPs connections (during authentication process), and I found on this forum the following command to add a new certificate to the jre's keystore :
    keytool -import -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass "changeit" -alias <alias_name> -file <certfile_name>
    As you can see, the defaut password for this is changeit, so, I tried to change it (as it is said !!! ), with the following command found in the java keytool documentation :
    keytool -storepasswd -new <new_keystore_pass> -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass <current_keystore_pass>
    Doing that, Tomcat didn't restart, so I had to go back this modification to be able to launch Tomcat ...

I think this might be corrected, because it sounds like a part of Zimbra is currently using the default password ...

Because I don't know if this was the good place here, I opened a support case ("Default keystore password" with "System Down" gravity).

San Mateo, CA

Yep changing the keystore pass will require you to make updates to the other places we reference that. The *fix* here may just be to document where we use this password and how to update all of them. A similar thing would happen if you directly changed the mysql or openLDAP password without using our wrapper scripts.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.