Thread: Java certificates keystore password isn't allowed to be changed

Exclamation Java certificates keystore password isn't allowed to be changed

Hi all,

I was configuring the SSL connexion for the web client, and for LDAPs connections (during authentication process), and I found on this forum the following command to add a new certificate to the jre's keystore :
    Code:
    keytool -import -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass "changeit" -alias <alias_name> -file <certfile_name>
    As you can see, the defaut password for this is changeit, so, I tried to change it (as it is said !!! ), with the following command found in the java keytool documentation :
    Code:
    keytool -storepasswd -new <new_keystore_pass> -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass <current_keystore_pass>
    Doing that, Tomcat didn't restart, so I had to go back this modification to be able to launch Tomcat ...

I think this might be corrected, because it sounds like a part of Zimbra is currently using the default password ...

Because I don't know if this was the good place here, I opened a support case ("Default keystore password" with "System Down" gravity).

Yep changing the keystore pass will require you to make updates to the other places we reference that. The *fix* here may just be to document where we use this password and how to update all of them. A similar thing would happen if you directly changed the mysql or openLDAP password without using our wrapper scripts.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.