Thread: [SOLVED] License Limit?

Default [SOLVED] License Limit?

We have a little installation. 25 users, small office.
    I have 22 users PLUS wiki, spam, ham. I have counted admin in the 22.
    Recently (30 minutes ago) removed three users (25-3=22)
    But now when I try to add a new user, Alert pops to explain that I have used all my licenses.
    Is there a time delay? Is there a service that I need to restart?
    Thanks for any help.
    Rickvv

If you do a search in the forums, there's a few others that have run into this.

In one, there's a link to an open bug for it that hasn't been resolved yet.. One thing that was mentioned was that ZCS caches the number of licenses used with a TTL of 1 hour. When the license gets "close" to the limit, it calculates it every minute. I'm not sure how they calculate this. If it's based upon a percentage of license used, then you may not have been "close".

I would try waiting the hour and then if it doesn't, bounce mailboxd (if downtime is a concern). You may also want to open a support case with Zimbra anyway, so it goes on record that another customer hit the issue..

Thanks I did a search, I did come up with an answer from a year or more ago.
    And I did wait a few hours and I was now able to add the new user.
    Well that's weird.
    I'll have to upgrade to a newer version, but I had a bad experience with a previous upgrade, and I'm real nervous about doing another one.
    Thanks for your help! I just needed a second opinion.
    Appreciate it,
    Rickvv

Quote Originally Posted by y@w View Post
    If you do a search in the forums, there's a few others that have run into this.

In one, there's a link to an open bug for it that hasn't been resolved yet.. One thing that was mentioned was that ZCS caches the number of licenses used with a TTL of 1 hour. When the license gets "close" to the limit, it calculates it every minute. I'm not sure how they calculate this. If it's based upon a percentage of license used, then you may not have been "close".

I would try waiting the hour and then if it doesn't, bounce mailboxd (if downtime is a concern). You may also want to open a support case with Zimbra anyway, so it goes on record that another customer hit the issue..