Thread: [SOLVED] Delegate domain administrator and rights

Default [SOLVED] Delegate domain administrator and rights

Hello World
    This is my first thread post in the forum

I have installed ZCS 6.02 (Trial) on a Centos 5.4 server.
    I have created a second domain. I wish to create an administrator who will have view and administration of her on domain exclusively.
    So far I have created a Distribution List @second.domain which is checked as an admin group. I have also created an administrator which is member of this DL.
    There are no ACL entries for this DL
    The allowed views for this DL are:
    Account List View
    Distribution List View
    Alias List View
    Resource List View
    Saved Searches View
    Backups

In the global accounts -> delegated administrator's account
    Under ACL there is only the entry: (System Defined Right) domainAdminAccountRights which is configured as possitive allow.

In admin views I have checked:
    Account List View
    Distribution List View
    Alias List View
    Resource List View
    Class of Service List View
    Domain List View
    Server List View
    Zimlet List View
    Admin Zimlet List View
    Saved Searched List View
    Mail Queue View
    Backups

In the Domain->ACL
    I have tried many entries including
    createAccount
    adminConsoleAccountRights
    viewAccountAdminUI
    adminConsoleAliasRights
    etc

The current state is that the delegate admin can see account info for his own domain, but he can't create new accounts.

Having so many ACLs (per user/ per domain/ per group) is rather confusing. What do I have to do to make this admin capable of creating new accounts for his domain?

Thank you

Having this problem too.. Domain admin can't create accounts

Anybody?
    Any ideas?
    Any help? Plz?

For administrator user add domain permission DomainAdminConsoleRights for the domain that you want.

Thank you deletek
    This solved my problem.
    Many thanks

Default Global

Hi

In Zimbra 5, Domain Admins were much easyer!

When creating a new account with admin rights and checking the first 4 items under admin view - and then give ACL "DomainAdminConsoleRights" on Domain makes a Domain-Admin like we need (and know from zimbra 5). But I think it's too complicated!

So I've tryed to make a global ACL to a mailing list "ownadmin@server.com" - admin settings are the same as in normal account. But when I make global ACL with "DomainAdminConsoleRights" for this mailing list, I can see all accounts from the server, not only the accounts from the domain :-(

PS: In normal account, I've write the mailing list adress als adminroule on first settings page.

So, what ACL Roules I must use for global ACL? I don't like put this ACL in every Domain ;-)

First - Thank's to Klug!

Worse luck! The wiki-manual don't help. I know, how I can limit the rights of the DL to one Domain, but it's not universally valid - so for every domain it's unavoidable to set every rights and admin-views again. When using the DL of another domain, you see the accounts of the other domain and that's not what I'm looking for. Agreed?

I like a easy way (1 or 2 clicks) to activate domain admin ;-) Maybe it's this bug: Bug 41837 – simplify domain admin creation (but for me, whitout the zimlets ...)

You are correct, you will need a New DL for domain. It would be nice if we could create combo rights. Also I'm running into an issue with certain rights disappearing.

This information is very good and much needed if you are to use Zimbra in a hosting environment. One thing I would like to know is can you remove the Help Desk icon and Downloads icon from the domain administrator page?

Our company needs the ability to create domain administrators but we do not want those two icons in the administrator's screen.

Thank you for the great work!