Thread: Migration Wizard: Unable to Open Directory Object

Hybrid View

Question Migration Wizard: Unable to Open Directory Object

Hi, I would like to migrate my Exchange 5.5 accounts to Zimbra. I'm trying to use the ZCS Migration Wizard for Exchange, but after I select my NT4 domain account from the Object Picker and return to the Migration Wizard, I get error "Unable to Open Directory Object". Here are the my conditions:

Zimbra 3.1.1 is up and running under Fedora Core 4. I've been able to send and receive test emails using the admin account. I upgraded my client to Windows XP with Service Pack 2, and upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2003 as required by the Migration Wizard.

I created a new Mail Profile called "Zimbra Migration" and added my email account with a Server Type of Microsoft Exchange Server. I told the Migration Wizard to use this Profile.

If this has to do with my network still being on a Windows NT 4 domain, then I'm in a Catch-22 because in the past, I was unable to install Exchange 5.5 on an Active Directory server.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Did you try using the ADC ( Active Directory Connector ) for 5.5 to AD?

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles...ArticleID=8275

Scotty

Unhappy

Exchange 5.5 can be a tricky customer. We are trying to migrate exchange 5.5 to Zimbra using migration wizard and we have hit problems.

We have ADC and its working ok. When we use full path in the query builder it displays error: failed to open directory searcher.

Any ideas guys?

what machine are you running the migration wizard on? what version of windows does it have?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Its a windows xp sp2 outlook 2003. Exchange 5.5 with ADC (win 2k server) on the other end. Directory seracher is a part of ado ldap libs ? Maybe some ms security patch "fixed" that ?

Just to add that i can choose users from the object picker but they will not show in the list.

I am logged in as domain admin and using the domain admins access rights. Domain admin is exchange admin as well.