We are seriously considering purchsing Zimbra as the mail horse.
(1) Is ZIMBRA very stable even on Fedora distro or should you recommend only enterprise edition like redhat.
(2) This is basic question. Considering the nature of our business we want this feature. Does zimbra provide provisions for disabling the attachement to all outward mails except to select addresses of our company domain. Basically the mail should travel outside but without attachment. In the same way the mail communication is only (for all outwards) between selective mail domains and addresses . Rest all should be blocked. However all incoming attachements should be allowed.
(3) Project specific mails should be stored (uploaded to backup server say CM tools)specifically in a secure folder in case of any disaster.(say mails with some Project ID code as subject). I know this can be done at lotus notes. Also at the time of completion of project we would like to store the mails in Knowlwedge base. Is there any way to export those mails in any other format say txt etc. which other programs in knowledge base can search.
(4) Is there any statistics to display when the particular mails are checked and replied ( To get the responsive time) instead of writing scripts as we do in lotus notes.
(5) Activity time of composing the mail. Say the wall clock time per mail etc.
(3) The mail can be accessed from outside the company domain while travelling (This anyhow is a prettty basic feature i am sue you must be having it.) But only to select mail accounts. Rest al should nto be able to access mails from any domain other than company domain.
Please answer this or provide us the basic extensive feature list mailed or provide us pointer where we can study ourself. We would have more questions coming up!!!