Thread: Autocomplete populating with contact group but not specific user

Hybrid View

Default Autocomplete populating with contact group but not specific user

Running NE 6.03 on CentoOS5, when I begin to type a name, it populates the contact group name which contains this user (along with the correct address) instead of the name of the specific user, who also has is a contact. For instance, typing in egar returns
    Object email="xxx Clients List" <egarcia@xxx.org>
    email
    "Company Clients List" <egarcia@xxx.org>"
    l
    "7"
    ranking
    "10"
    type
    "contact"

When it should also return the contact "Ellen Garcia" <egarcia@xxx.org>

Searching in the contact list returns both as expected, this behavior is specific to auto-complete. Is this a bug? Some way to work around it?

I had a report of this happening from a user and wrote it off as user error as I wasn't able to reproduce it.

....Then today I had it happen to me. I have an entry for a single user and I have that single user inside of a contact group. When I type in the name of the single user it auto completets to "contact group name" <singleuser@domain.com>. I noticed it doing this after I had updated the contact group. It was doing this for the first user in the contact group but I don't think its doing it for the other members of the contact group.

Whats odd is I've tried deleting the sinlge user from the contact group and it still auto completes with the name of the user being the contact group.

I'm still looking into this and I haven't waded through bugzilla yet to see if its been reported already.

Here is some more info on this:

zimbrausers is the address group which used to contain the single user. The last entry is what shows up when I view the Address book through he web interface. When I search the address book for "zimbrausers" I only come up with the group.

$ zmmailbox -z -m myaccount@domain.com autoComplete zimbrausers
    Ranking type email
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    6 contact "zimbrausers" <singleuser@domain.com>
    0 group "other user" <otheruser@domain.com>, "other user2" <otheruser2@domain.com>, "other user3" <otheruser3@domain.com>, "other user4" <otheruser4@domain.com>

$ zmmailbox -z -m myaccount@domain.com autoComplete singleuser
    Ranking type email
    6 contact "zimbrausers" <singleuser@domain.com>

$ zmmailbox -z -m myaccount@domain.com autoComplete sinlgeuser@domain.com
    Ranking type email
    6 contact "zimbrausers" <singluser@domain.com>

$ zmmailbox -z -m myaccount@domain.com autoComplete lastname
    Ranking type email
    0 contact "singleuser lastname" <singleuser@domain.com>

If I view my Address book with the command: $ zmmailbox -z -m myaccount@domain.com getallContacts

for singleuser the entry is:
    Id: 43343
    Folder: /Contacts
    Date: 12/29/09 15:24
    Revision: 49437
    Attrs:
    lastName: lastname
    email: singleuser@domain.com
    firstName: singleuser

and for zimbrausers its:

Id: 16680
    Folder: /Contacts
    Date: 12/29/09 15:23
    Revision: 49436
    Attrs:
    nickname: zimbrausers
    dlist: "other user" <otheruser@domain.com>, "other user2" <otheruser2@domain.com>, "other user3" <otheruser3@domain.com>, "other user4" <otheruser4@domain.com>
    fileAs: 8:zimbrausers
    type: group
    Last edited by cayaraa; 12-30-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Ok I've been able to reproduce this bug now.....it took a while to figure out what caused it though.

To reproduce (this is on version 6.0.2) you create an contact without a first/last name(so its just the email address). This contact was an email address that wasn't in the GAL. There then seems to be a few ways to corrupt the auto-complete.

One way is you can send an email too that address but include a name in quotes before it. I did this by replying to an email they sent to me. The other way to do it is if that nameless contact is added to a contact group and you send an email to that contact group.

I think what happens is zimbra tries to add the email address to the emailed contacts but because there is already a similar email in your normal contacts it doesn't. Instead it creates a phantom contact that has the first/last name added to it which doesn't show in your address book but does show up in auto-complete. At this point you can delete the contact from your address book completely (the nameless one) but the phantom one still shows up as an auto-complete option.

I haven't found a way to remove the contact from the auto complete since I can't get an ID# for it, since the only way I know to find that is by looking at the contact info thats in the address book on the command line....and these don't' show up there.

I guess I'll create a bug ticket about this.

I've opened a bug ticket for this:
    https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=43772