Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] 6.0.4 IMAP: Cannot copy mail to sent folder

Looks like ticket #43669 has been accepted by the Zimbra engineers as valid and is currently set at a P2 status. This is good news!

My expectation is that with the holidays over that we will see some activity to resolve the issue.

Once resolved, what is the usual resolution process? Will a "hotfix" patch be created and made available, or will we have to wait until 6.0.5 to be released?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by qwbillings View Post
    Once resolved, what is the usual resolution process? Will a "hotfix" patch be created and made available, or will we have to wait until 6.0.5 to be released?
    It will be slotted for an upcoming release once the fix is confirmed.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Bill,

At the risk of sounding like a unreasonable person, I don't want to wait until 6.0.5 has been released to get a fix.

I have users who are impacted by this issue and need a resolution as soon as one is found.

What other options do I have to recieve a hotfix? Are there any other avenues availble to me to escalate the issue?

Thanks,

Q. Wade Billings

Quote Originally Posted by qwbillings View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a unreasonable person, I don't want to wait until 6.0.5 has been released to get a fix.
    It hasn't even been confirmed as a bug yet but fixes are never released except in a future point release, you should also vote on the bug to give it added weight.
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-03-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    Regards

Bill

I'll open a support case tommorow. Whatever the reason may be - this should'nt have happened after a minor upgrade. We also need a fix for this asap 'cause many of our customers complaining about this twice a day. If you're paying customer you may open a support case, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FritzBrause View Post
    I'll open a support case tommorow. Whatever the reason may be - this should'nt have happened after a minor upgrade. We also need a fix for this asap 'cause many of our customers complaining about this twice a day.
    Don't forget to quote the bug report number (and vote on the bug) but that is not likely to change the status of the bug nor when fixes are likely to be released, as I mentioned above they're usually added to a future point release.

Quote Originally Posted by FritzBrause View Post
    If you're paying customer you may open a support case, too.
    If that's addressed to the poster that I replied to then according to the version in his forum profile he's on the OSS version.
    Regards

Bill

Bill and Fritz,

I appreciate the attention that you are giving to this issue. I am a OSS customer and I am very aware of the double edge sword that presents when it comes to support.

If there is a clear path to downgrading to 6.0.3 or 6.0.2, then I will be glad to follow that path, but I have yet to find one in my research.

Regardless, I love the product and I am willing to be patient to a point, but since I am running a business, I will need to make a decision whether to stick with Zimbra or move to a competing product soon.

Thanks,
    Q. Wade Billings

We're running the Network Edition version 6.0.4 and have filed a support ticket. The PM reporting tool shows 6.0.5 still pretty far out, I really hope that this can be fixed before that.

About half of our office runs OSX, using Mail.app. Once they've sent a message with an attachment, they're not receiving mail.

Default Same issue here.

Just upgraded from 6.0 to 6.0.4. I'm having this exact same issue, and yeah, it has most of our users fuming. It seems as though it's caused mostly by those moving a message that was stored locally (either via intentional archiving, or by the mail client app storing a new message in Drafts, locally, during composition) up to the server via IMAP. Messages being moved from one IMAP folder to another IMAP folder seem to be OK.
    mark daniel | actc
    zcs 6 ose | mac pro | mac os x server 10.4.11

I have found that on OSX Mail.app, that if you clear the local cache by running the following command:

rm ~/Library/Mail/*/.OfflineCache/*

and then turn off the "send copy to sent folder on server" off, that you can get relief.

The caveat is that the copies of sent email will be on the local machine and will not the server (which sort of defeats the purpose of IMAP).