Thread: [SOLVED] Custom roles?

Default [SOLVED] Custom roles?

Can I create custom roles in Zimbra? I don't mean administration role (I'm aware it's in NE), but folder sharing. I need a role like manager, but without permission to delete items from the shared folder. Is that possible?

zmmailbox -z -m theshare@domain.com modifyFolderGrant /Folder account user@domain.com rwix

You could do any of the following [account <name> | group <name> | domain <name> | all | public | guest <email> <password> | key <email> <accesskey>] followed by the permissions like r, rw, rwix, rwixd, rwixda, none, etc. (Where 'all' means everyone internal to your Zimbra box.)

(r)ead - search, view overviews and items
    (w)rite - edit drafts/contacts/notes, set flags
    (i)nsert - copy/add to directory, create subfolders action
    (x) - workflow actions, like accepting appointments
    (d)elete - delete items and subfolders, set \Deleted flag
    (a)dminister - delegate admin and change permissions

The createMountpoint command is commonly used after this: zmmailbox z -m user@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment "/Vacation Calendar" vacationcal@domain.com /VacationDates
    (There are many ways to accomplish the same thing/can use more direct soap, or the utility built to simplify it, zmsoap. Or the web UI 'link to shared folder' to mount.)

Vote-
    For exposing in web client: Bug 15205 - share roles - custom (editor / author) levels

Specifically aimed at calendar timeslots: Bug 12654 - Request Editor share level between Viewer and Manager

For ZCO: Bug 35150 - RFE: Ability of customizing delegate Permission Level while sharing

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    zmmailbox -z -m theshare@domain.com modifyFolderGrant /Folder account user@domain.com rwix

You could do any of the following [account <name> | group <name> | domain <name> | all | public | guest <email> <password> | key <email> <accesskey>] followed by the permissions like r, rw, rwix, rwixd, rwixda, none, etc. (Where 'all' means everyone internal to your Zimbra box.)

(r)ead - search, view overviews and items
    (w)rite - edit drafts/contacts/notes, set flags
    (i)nsert - copy/add to directory, create subfolders action
    (x) - workflow actions, like accepting appointments
    (d)elete - delete items and subfolders, set \Deleted flag
    (a)dminister - delegate admin and change permissions

The createMountpoint command is commonly used after this: zmmailbox z -m user@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment "/Vacation Calendar" vacationcal@domain.com /VacationDates
    (There are many ways to accomplish the same thing/can use more direct soap, or the utility built to simplify it, zmsoap. Or the web UI 'link to shared folder' to mount.)

Vote-
    For exposing in web client: Bug 15205 - share roles - custom (editor / author) levels

Specifically aimed at calendar timeslots: Bug 12654 - Request Editor share level between Viewer and Manager

For ZCO: Bug 35150 - RFE: Ability of customizing delegate Permission Level while sharing
    thanks, that's really helpful. I hope this feature will be implemented soon, it's a nice one to have.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    thanks, that's really helpful. I hope this feature will be implemented soon, it's a nice one to have.
    If you're interested in any of the features mentioned in the bug reports then you should vote on them or add yourself to the cc list to monitor their progress. Details of which versions those features will be available for can be found in the Product Portal.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi! Can you help me with trouble?
    I read this manual for creating custom roles in zimbra, but got some errors.
    I have mailbox it@mydomain.com with folder "test" in mail. Next I'm shared "test" folder for test564@mydomain.com in "zimbra desktop" with read-only rights.
    In mailbox test564@mydomain i accepted shared folder.
    Next I login to my zimbra server as user "zimbra" and execute command:
    zmmailbox -z -m it@mydomain.com modifyFolderGrant /test account test564@mydomain.com rwix for read/write, not for delete items in shared folder. But if I try to copy message in shared folder "test" in test564@mydomain.com , i've got error.2012-09-04 11:09:13.jpg

Sorry for my English

Best regards
    Anton Smirnov
    System Engineer
    Baldtraga JSC