Thread: Strange Outbound Issues

Hybrid View

Default Strange Outbound Issues

I'm at my wits end. Someone please help!

I'm running 3.1.2_GA_445.SuSE10 on a home box for personal use. I have switched the webmail to use https on port 443 and I have installed apache2 on port 80 for a family website. Everything was working up to that point. I'm trying to send out emails through the php website and I'm getting nothing. Nothing in the logs, no email sent, nothing. I had previously turned zimbra logging off, so I turned it back on and restarted Zimbra. It's not logging a thing. There is nothing in the postfix or apache logs indicating that it's trying to send mail. I even tried sending mail from the command line with the mail command and got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I have fetchmail running successfully, so I know that postfix is working. I can send and receive all mails successfully both through webmail and with Thunderbird on a separate machine. The only thing that seems not to work is mail through php or through the command line on the local machine.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    Last edited by klarsen; 07-05-2006 at 09:27 AM.

What happens if you stop your new apache install and restart via:

su - zimbra
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start

Scotty

I've already restarted Apache twice and Zimbra 3 times.

Don't restart apache, turn it off and leave it off, then restart Zimbra.
    Not a permenant solution, just for the perposes of troubleshooting.

Did that fix it?

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by klarsen
    I'm at my wits end. Someone please help!

I'm running 3.1.2_GA_445.SuSE10 on a home box for personal use. I have switched the webmail to use https on port 443 and I have installed apache2 on port 80 for a family website. Everything was working up to that point. I'm trying to send out emails through the php website and I'm getting nothing. Nothing in the logs, no email sent, nothing. I had previously turned zimbra logging off, so I turned it back on and restarted Zimbra. It's not logging a thing. There is nothing in the postfix or apache logs indicating that it's trying to send mail. I even tried sending mail from the command line with the mail command and got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I have fetchmail running successfully, so I know that postfix is working. I can send and receive all mails successfully both through webmail and with Thunderbird on a separate machine. The only thing that seems not to work is mail through php or through the command line on the local machine.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    What php interface? What apache log? What postfix log? What's the status show? Is postfix running? Have you gone through the 27million "I can't send mail" posts, or the mail routing issues at wiki.zimbra.com?

Zimbra logs via syslog - check /opt/zimbra/log.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!