Thread: No Auto Update of RSS Feeds - Still?

Default No Auto Update of RSS Feeds - Still?

Is there any way to get RSS feeds to update regularly?

I just did this:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com syncFolder /inbox/Path/To/Rss/Folder

in a script. Which works. But then I need anyone with an account that want RSS feeds to tel me so I can add it to the script. Workable, but a bit of a pain.

Btw this is now built in via zimbraDataSourceRSSPollingInterval.

<attr id="455" name="zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval" type="duration" min="0" cardinality="single" optionalIn="dataSource,account,cos" callback="DataSourceCallback" flags="accountInfo,accountInherited,domainAdminMod ifiable">
    <desc>
    Prior to 6.0.0:
    The time interval between automated data imports for a data source, or all data sources owned by an account. If unset or 0,the data source will not be scheduled for automated polling.
    Since 6.0.0:
    Deprecated on account/cos since 6.0.0. Values on account/cos are migrated to protocol specific zimbraDataSource{proto}PollingInterval attributes.
    1. if zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval is set on data source, use it
    2. otherwise use the zimbraDataSource{Proto}PollingInterval on account/cos
    3. if zimbraDataSource{Proto}PollingInterval is not set on account/cos, use 0, which means no automated polling.
    </desc>
    </attr>
    We decided to forgo Bug 22114 - Expose external account polling interval in UI for a bit, but vote for Bug 21199 - add ability to set autopolling in admin console which we'll probably implement sooner.

Note Bug 35688 - Scheduled task initialization blocks server startup will be fixed in 6.0.5

History/info: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...retrieval.html

It seems to me that before auto-refresh of RSS or iCal feeds kicks in, each feed needs to be refreshed *once* in a 6.x context. And then the server will take over. Either the end-user web gui "reload feed" or zmmailbox syncFolder will do the trick.

The failure to find and auto-refresh untouched feeds is probably a bug, but given bug 35688, it's a good thing. Only feeds that you have shown to actually care about will delay server startup and take resources ongoing.