Thread: Outlook Connector - Not All Folders Synced

Default Outlook Connector - Not All Folders Synced

I have a recurring problem with a user who has hundreds of mail folders.

We try to sync her zimbra mail within Outlook 2003 using the Outlook Connector. While her folder structure gets built out, her email folders don't fully populate with the email messages. The Zimbra progress shows syncronization complete.

Is there a way to sync up individual folders? I am trying to avoid starting from scratch for the 4th time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had this issue as well and it is quite enfuriating. The resolution was to clean up the user's mailbox's missing blobs on the server. This happened with some but not all of my Outlook 2007 users and those same users could see all of their email when using the webclient. Another part of the behavior was that the ZDB file just got massive. A mailspool that showed up as 2GB on the server would end up being 15-20 GB or bigger on the Windows client.

The forum topic below is kinda long and has a lot of ups and downs, but the resolution is on the last entry on the 4rth page using the "zmblobchk" command on the specific account and I figured out via another problem so all of the resolution suggestions you see may not apply to you.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...ssive-zdb.html
    Last edited by jurness; 01-07-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Oh, and I guess I would add that if the ZDB file IS unusually large or larger than expected, that you should in fact start over for the 5th time by uninstalling Zimbra ZCO including deleting the profile and then manually verifying that the zdb file is gone- and deleting if the uninstaller doesn't handle that correctly (which for me it did not!). I assume you know where your Outlook profiles are kept per user so I won't add that information here...

I really like Zimbra, but it is pretty buggy.

The ZDB file is not unusually large. The problem is that as Zimbra is doing its initial sync of the email - it reports sync completion but half of the mail folders are empty. A visit to the web client shows email in those folders.

I don't think it is related to the BLOB issue you saw.

I ran zmblobchk and found a few errors but none with this particular user's mailbox.

Any other ideas on how to help get the sync to complete.

Tom

Hi Tom,
    The symptoms for me were the same or very similar to yours or so I thought. I had all of the directories present and the sync reported having completed, but my "Sent" folder, for example, was empty in Outlook among many folders that were empty, despite being full of email when viewing from the webclient and despite syncing multiple times.

Sorry that didn't help!

Best,

John