Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] SMTP Connectors

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    You would need to create the accounts on the Zimbra server and then use Postfix to send them to the other server. By default if Postfix receives a email for a account which does not exist it will reject it. You could create a catch all but that would open you up to spam.
    I appreciated all the help but I still have the issue. I can’t configure all the “globaldomain” accounts in my Zimbra Server because we unknown all accounts. I am finding something that could resolve my issue and I find this link

Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki

but I can’t do it works.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by isaidcor View Post
    I appreciated all the help but I still have the issue. I can’t configure all the “globaldomain” accounts in my Zimbra Server because we unknown all accounts. I am finding something that could resolve my issue and I find this link

Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki

but I can’t do it works.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for all.

I'm going to close this post to reopen a new post whit a new explanation about my issue. Hopping the new post be more clare and simply.

Thanks.

The name of new post is SMPT Connectors re-planted.

Default SMPT Connector re-planted

We have a zimbra server running that manages all the mail for the domain oldbrand.com.cl, in a recent time, the local company "old brand" has been aquired for another company called "new brand".
    We have received in a recent past the request to accept the mail directed to the new company domain newbrand.com for all the local accounts. So, the mail server that manages the account john.doe@oldbrand.com.cl must accept also the mail directed to john.doe@newbrand.com we have achieve this following the steps "Create Alias Domain" and "Domain Masquerading" in the next lynk Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki

This new company have a smarthost that checks for spam, know every account for every country, this way, the smarthost know the mail for john.doe@newbrand.com must be directed to the mail server mail.oldbrand.com.cl the mail for mary.poppins@newbrand.com must be directed to the mail server mail.oldbrand.com.uk

Also the MX records for oldbrand.com.cl points to the smarthost owned by the new company, this way every mail directed to the oldbrand.com.cl is checked by the smarthost and relayed to mail.oldbrand.com.cl

Every thing that we have exposed before is working great, we can receive mail for john.doe@newbrand.com as an alias for the john.doe@oldbrand.com.cl local account we can send mail that appears to be written by john.doe@newbrand.com and john.doe@oldbrand.com.cl.

Then, here is the problem we have.
    john.doe@newbrand.com CAN send email to mary.poppins@oldbrand.com.uk
    john.doe@oldbrand.com.cl CAN send email to mary.poppins@oldbrand.com.uk
    john.doe@newbrand.com CAN NOT send email to mary.poppins@newbrand.com ‘cause the local mail server thinks it must be delivered locally and the account does not exists in this server
    john.doe@oldbrand.com.cl CAN NOT send email to mary.poppins@newbrand.com ‘cause the local mail server thinks it must be delivered locally and the account does not exists in this server

There exists something in Exchange server called SMTP Connectors. Basically what we need is to tell zimbra, if the account at the domain @newbrand.com does not exist locally, relay this mail to the smarthost.

Quote Originally Posted by isaidcor View Post
    I'm going to close this post to reopen a new post whit a new explanation about my issue. Hopping the new post be more clare and simply.

Thanks.

The name of new post is SMPT Connectors re-planted.
    Please do not do this as it confuses people and they will not see the previous suggestions and complications.

If I'm understanding your scenario, we've done something similar for a customer in the past. I'm going from memory on something we did a while ago, so you may want to try this out on a test system first..

In our situation, we had:
    MX records for the domain pointed at Postini with users split between Zimbra and some other mail server somewhere else
    Postini routed mail for users to the appropriate server

We had the same problem, where Zimbra tried to send messages to local users which didn't exist and bounced them.

Rather than creating a catch-all address for the domain, we created the users in Zimbra and changed the zimbraMailTransport property for the users to nothing. Then, we set the zimbraMailTransport property for the domain to one of their Postini servers (the property doesn't exist by default).

This was a stop-gap measure to allow them to transition into Zimbra slowly, so having the license for each of the users wasn't a big deal. You may or may not be able to get away with setting up one user this way and adding a bunch of aliases, but I don't know.

Anyway, that was our solution for that situation. Hope it helps..

Default Solved

Hi everyone,

I want to thank everyone for their help, we solve this issue.

We configure @globladomain.com as primary, then create @localdomain.com as an alias domain (Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki Creating a Domain Alias, Domain Masquerading), this to can recive mails for both domains. Then we use Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki (Configuring Zimbra as the Secondary System) to relay all mail to Postini smtp. Then postini relay mails to us and we acceptted.

I hope that this will help somebody.