Thread: Completely blank /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Hybrid View

Exclamation Completely blank /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Hi,

Since upgrading to 6.0.x, there is nothing in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log or /opt/zimbra/log/audit.log. This is very troubling since it makes it impossible to diagnose some of the "a network service error" messages we seem to get quite frequently. I have tried stopping Zimbra and running (as root) the zmfixperms script which has not solved the problem. I have no idea how to diagnose this since usually those two log files help diagnose most issues with Zimbra

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-n8
    Last edited by natrixgli; 01-17-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Sorry, this was apparently solved by upgrading from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4. I didn't see it in the changelog so I assumed it wasn't resolved.

Cheers,

-n8

OK this problem has resurfaced. After I upgraded to 6.0.4, it went away for a while but nothing seems to have been written to /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log or /opt/zimbra/log/audit.log for the last couple of days. I just upgraded to 6.0.5 and that log is still blank.

Is there anything obvious I can check?

-n8

Folks I'm getting pretty desperate here! Still no data in mailbox.log or audit.log which makes diagnosing almost anything very difficult!

The problem resurfaced a few weeks after upgrading to 6.0.4 and I *really* need to see these logs so I can try to figure out why users are often unable to download attachments.

I would be very grateful if anyone had suggestions as to what might cause these files to be totally blank. Running zmcontrol status shows everything running. I have tried running the zmfixperms script. The issue has persisted over several 6.0.x upgrades though for a short time the problem went away after 6.0.4.