Thread: Auto Choose Mailstore Question

Question Auto Choose Mailstore Question

We have 3 Mailbox store servers. I noticed when I create a user, it has an option set by default to automatically choose which server to put each users mailbox. Does anyone know how it chooses the server to put the users on? I know I can set some of it through COS's, but I want 1 COS to have 1 store server and another to use 2 store servers. I want Zimbra to automatically choose which server to put the users on in the second COS, but I want it evenly distributed. When I tested @5 users, they all went to 1 server. Any ideas on how it actually works? Should I just pick and choose which users go on each server?

Thanks!

This can be controlled in the admin UI under COS you can pick the server pool (list of servers) for each COS. The split should be round-robin but it's just random so at any one time it may be off be a few. 5 might be too small of a sample size after 10 or so you should see a pretty even split.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thumbs up Thanks

OK, Thanks. I had already set up the COS's in the admin UI....I guess 5 is a pretty small sample, all things considered. I'll create a larger sample to see what happens.