Thread: Problem with MandatoryMailSignature

Default Problem with MandatoryMailSignature

Hi,

I have update my Zimbra installation to Version 6.0.4. In the release Note I have read, that I can add a MandatoryMailSignature. I have run the Command zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureText mytest an everything is working fine.

But nor I want to add a two line Signature, I have try to change it in the text file but after restarting the two lines are one line.
    How can I make a text Signature with two lines ?

Thanks for your help

I have experienced the same issue, and so far the only solution I have found is to directly edit the two actual signature files that get created when the options are set. I haven't worked out if they get touched during any restarts - or only when the parameters are changes through the CLI tool.

The files are called global-default.txt and global-default.html and as far as I can recall they are in the folder /opt/zimbra/data/altermime (If I got this wrong I will edit the post tomorrow. a quick find from /opt/zimbra will confirm in any case)

Remember to keep a safe copy of the changes you make. I have a folder /opt/zimbra_save where I copy any externally modified files that might get overwritten during an upgrade.

Hope this helps. But am also interested to know if there is a way to make a formatted multiline signature stick without going around the process.