Thread: MIME Info Removed From Header on Forward

Default MIME Info Removed From Header on Forward

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to start by saying that Zimbra is a great email server and thank you to all the developers and people who made this happen.

I am not a Linux guru but I managed to get the server and Zimbra installed along with a Go Daddy SSL certificate. The server appears to be sending and receiving email properly.

I am primarially installing a Zimbra email storage server and integrating it with our phone system. Our phone system connects to Zimbra via IMAP and SMTP to stores and retrieve voice mails.

When a user leaves a voice mail the phone system sends that voice mail as an attachment to and email to the Zimbra server. The phone system logs into Zimbra at normal intervals and checks to see if new voice mails have arrived and either lights the message light or cancels it depending upon the existance of new or read or deleted messages.

I was able to get the phone system to send email and connect via IMAP to check for messages. The light turns on for new messages and turns off if a user marks the email as read.

In order for the phone system to recognize an email as a voice mail it adds the special MIME header below to the email.

Content-Type: multipart/x-i3-voice-message;

The problem I am having is that the MIME header above is removed if the email is forwarded via the web interface as well as from Outlook and Outlook Express.

I have checked this forum and the net for any information on what could be removing this header and haven't found anything that has helped.

I have tried disabling antivirus and antispam incase they could be doing something, but that didn’t help.

Does anyone have any idea what could be removing this and how I might be able to ensure that it left in forwarded messages?

Thanks in advance

Still need help with this. Anyone have an idea?