Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not able to send mails to google from web console

Default Not able to send mails to google from web console

I came across a very funny situation. I setup a mailserver wih Release 6.0.4_GA_2038.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition. I have installed this servers as a central gateway for emails from other servers to go outside. Now what is happening that when tried to send mail from its own web console to abc@gmail.com it gave me this long error msg in mail log

Jan 27 19:20:07 mail01 postfix/smtp[21935]: 7DE8F588B0: to=<tej.nri@gmail.com>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.217.6]:25, delay=67, delays=0.73/0.05/34/32, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.217.6] said: 421-4.7.0 [59.177.17.13] Our system has detected an unusual amount of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 blocked. Please visit Bulk Senders Guidelines - Gmail Help 421 4.7.0 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. 6si16192802gxk.71 (in reply to end of DATA command))

and when I send a mail through senmail by command

# sendmail abc@gmail.com < mail.txt

from other machine which this central server is relaying to gmail, every thing gone fine and I recieved the mail to in my abc@gmail.com mail box. The log in the maillog for this msg is below

Jan 27 19:21:57 mail01 postfix/smtp[21935]: D6804588B1: to=<tej.nri@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.216.86]:25, delay=32, delays=0.07/0.04/0.95/31, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1264600328 8si12280509pxi.19)
    Isn't it funny? Does any body know why this is happening. Is it a bug?

Does not seem like a bug to me. It sounds like you have set up a mail relay server that is being spam blocked because it's a relay server.

Sending directly to google bypassing the relay server works for the same reason.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If the IP 59.177.17.13 is yours then I'd suggest you do a lookup here: http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

One thing I can conclude with the above situation that its not to any thing with DNS issues or spam related issues because both the mails are sent through same mail server to the same email address.
    There is something wrong with the zimbra itself. does any body tell me that.

Thanks for the quick replies. the point is that that both the mails are sent through the same mail server at the end then why the mails sent from web console is blocked and mail originated from other server and finally sent through this gateway went right away

Quote Originally Posted by tej.nri View Post
    One thing I can conclude with the above situation that its not to any thing with DNS issues or spam related issues because both the mails are sent through same mail server to the same email address.
    There is something wrong with the zimbra itself. does any body tell me that.
    There's nothing wrong with Zimbra, Dirk has already told you why.
    Regards

Bill

Does not seem like a bug to me. It sounds like you have set up a mail relay server that is being spam blocked because it's a relay server.

Sending directly to google bypassing the relay server works for the same reason.
    I am not bypassing the relay/gateway server in any case both the mails wet through the same IP at the end then why the mail send by web console is blocked and mail from originated at other server went fine

Let me suggest this again, if your IP address is 59.177.17.13 then go to this page and fix the problems they say you have.
    Regards

Bill

Hi bill,
    I will anyhow fix the other problems but I think you are not getting me correctly.
    I not able to understand that when both the mails are sent though same zimbra MTA why the one originated from web console is blocked and from the other machine sendmail just passed through. Some where it indidates that the mail content going to Zimbra MTA from the webconsole is mal-formed (I don't know of which reason) and the mail content from other machine sendmail is just fine.

In my opinion blaming just one text-book reason cannot win you the game always, some time we have to think out of the box also. Thanks for you help so far.

Are you quite sure that the sendmail test is routing through the zimbra server? If you are, please ilustrate your environment, so we can try to visualise what you are dealing with.