Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra not sending Some messages

Default Zimbra not sending Some messages

Hi there

I'm having an intermittent problem sending email and I'm not sure if it's a bandwidth/server horsepower issue or if something else is going on.

I sometimes send a message and get a "Desktop Notifier" failure notification back from Zimbra Desktop:

Your Message "zzzzzz" send on Feb. 3, 2010 at xxxx to "soandso@somedomain.com" can't be delivered. None of the recipients will receive the message. It has been returned to Drafts folder for your review.

The email address is correct each time and after 1 or 2 or 3 attemtps to resend, it finally goes out successfully.

This problem only happens occassionally. Most of the time it works though obviously this will be a big problem for clients.

I have Zimbra installed on a testing server with 3 GB of ram and a single 2.8 ghz Xeon 604 800fsb with hyperthreading on ESXi. A little underpowered to be sure and it often maxes out the CPU. I'm also on a standard office connect with 20MB in and only 1MB out. I'm planning on moving this to a dual Xeon 604 800fsb on ESXi and over to our server farm with a 100 MB connection.

I'm using the latest Network Edition of Zimbra without zimbra-memcached and running multiple domains. I'm also using 1.03x Zimbra Desktop.

The server is behind a firewall with 192.168.10.1 gateway and has an internal IP of 192.168.10.xx.

All that said, I can't tell if it is the server/connection or something in the software failing.

Here's the log output:

-------------

Code:
    2010-02-03 09:41:27,992 INFO  [btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/] [name=glenn@myDomain.com;mid=34;ip=192.168.10.1;ua=Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop/1.0.3_1691_Windows;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchItemException: no such message: 1073741989
    ExceptionId:btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/:1265215287991:22dc0b9919244cd6
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_MSG Arg:(itemId, IID, "1073741989")
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH_MSG(MailServiceException.java:165)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.noSuchItem(MailItem.java:1306)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:1974)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.move(Mailbox.java:5140)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.executeLocal(ItemActionHelper.java:383)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.schedule(ItemActionHelper.java:314)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.UPDATE(ItemActionHelper.java:160)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemAction.handleCommon(ItemAction.java:165)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.MsgAction.handle(MsgAction.java:41)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:418)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:272)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:156)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:155)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:939)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    2010-02-03 09:41:28,011 INFO  [btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/] [name=glenn@myDomain.com;mid=34;ip=192.168.10.1;ua=Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop/1.0.3_1691_Windows;] soap - MsgActionRequest
    2010-02-03 09:41:28,014 INFO  [btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/] [name=glenn@myDomain.com;mid=34;ip=192.168.10.1;ua=Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop/1.0.3_1691_Windows;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchItemException: no such message: 1073741991
    ExceptionId:btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/:1265215288013:22dc0b9919244cd6
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_MSG Arg:(itemId, IID, "1073741991")
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH_MSG(MailServiceException.java:165)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.noSuchItem(MailItem.java:1306)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:1974)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.move(Mailbox.java:5140)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.executeLocal(ItemActionHelper.java:383)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.schedule(ItemActionHelper.java:314)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.UPDATE(ItemActionHelper.java:160)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemAction.handleCommon(ItemAction.java:165)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.MsgAction.handle(MsgAction.java:41)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:418)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:272)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:156)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:155)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:939)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    2010-02-03 09:41:28,033 INFO  [btpool0-0://mail.myDomain.com/service/soap/] [name=glenn@myDomain.com;mid=34;ip=192.168.10.1;ua=Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop/1.0.3_1691_Windows;] soap - ItemActionRequest

--------------

Can anyone offer some insight into what is happening based on what the logs are saying or offer some other insight into this?
    I need to figure this out quickly.

Thanks
    Glenn
    Last edited by phoenix; 02-03-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Default Still need Help! Some email sends still failing

I moved the server to a much faster machine with faster connection last night and I'm still having the same problem.

I noticed too that it also happens inside webmail.

Please send help soon!

thx
    Glenn

Default Could this be a Zimbra Desktop issue

Anyone their who might have an answer to this problem? I could really use a solution?

thx

Hello

Anyone from Zimbra there? This is becoming a serious problem!!

I could use some guidance on this.

Do you have the same problem if you use the Zimbra Web Client ?

I did encounter some problems sending with webmail last week though I didn't have any problems sending via webmail over the weekend. I'll use webmail today and see if I encounter any problems.

I am beginning to think it's a zdesktop issue but I can't be sure.

thx for the reply.
    Glenn

Ooops! I just got this message from webmail:

Message not sent; one or more addresses were not accepted.
    Rejected addresses: xxxxxx xxxx <xxx@somedomain.com>

It did send after a couple of tries. This is what I was getting last week with webmail.

thx

Default ZD2 Give more detailed error message

I installed ZD2 Beta and just got this message. Much more detailed than ZD1:

method: GetMsgRequest
    msg: system failure: MessagingException while creating MimeMessage for item 28036
    code: service.FAILURE
    detail: soap:Receiver
    trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: MessagingException while creating MimeMessage for item 28036 ExceptionId:btpool0-29:1265750791846:be5e9d5e622e5052 Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getMimeMessage( MessageCache.java:198) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getMimeMessage(Messa ge.java:334) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getMimeMessage(Messa ge.java:315) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeMessageAsMP (ToXML.java:785) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetMsg.handle(GetMsg.ja va:102) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:419) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:273) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:157) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:291) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:212) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:418) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:939) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:755) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:409) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Error in input stream; nested exception is: java.io.IOException: renaming destination file C:\Documents and Settings\glenn\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\tmp\uncompressed\8SHwXiX9E2N5EiwcPbco 5UMtlHQ= already exists at javax.mail.internet.InternetHeaders.load(InternetH eaders.java:361) at javax.mail.internet.InternetHeaders.(InternetHeade rs.java:310) at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.createInternetHead ers(MimeMessage.java:2107) at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.parse(MimeMessage. java:328) at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.(MimeMessage.java: 205) at com.zimbra.cs.mime.Mime$FixedMimeMessage.(Mime.jav a:89) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getMimeMessage( MessageCache.java:161) ... 31 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: renaming destination file C:\Documents and Settings\glenn\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\tmp\uncompressed\8SHwXiX9E2N5EiwcPbco 5UMtlHQ= already exists at com.zimbra.common.util.FileUtil.rename(FileUtil.ja va:502) at com.zimbra.cs.store.UncompressedFileCache.get(Unco mpressedFileCache.java:160) at com.zimbra.cs.store.FileDescriptorCache.getSharedF ile(FileDescriptorCache.java:128) at com.zimbra.cs.store.FileDescriptorCache.read(FileD escriptorCache.java:88) at com.zimbra.cs.store.BlobInputStream.read(BlobInput Stream.java:205) at com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInp utStream.java:84) at javax.mail.internet.InternetHeaders.load(InternetH eaders.java:338) ... 37 more
    request:

Body: {
    GetMsgRequest: {
    _jsns: "urn:zimbraMail",
    m: {
    html: 1,
    id: "48289e7b-8bea-4eb2-88b8-0de03cba313d:28036",
    max: 100000,
    read: 1
    }
    }
    },
    Header: {
    context: {
    _jsns: "urn:zimbra",
    account: {
    _content: "glenn@xxxxxxxx.com",
    by: "name"
    },
    authToken: "(removed)",
    notify: {
    seq: 3520
    },
    session: {
    _content: 143,
    id: 143
    },
    userAgent: {
    name: "ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)",
    version: "0.0"
    }
    }
    }

So did you find any solution?
    I'm having the same problem.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrap View Post
    So did you find any solution?
    I'm having the same problem.
    You're having the same problem with which product, exactly?

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    You should also give ful details of what the problem is and exact steps to reproduce it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.