Thread: Missing documentation?

Default Missing documentation?

There seems to be a lot of features that aren't documented, particularly on the COS setup pages. "Automatically add invites with PUBLISH method" for example. I've checked the wiki and the administrator's guide as well as the zimbra site search. Am I missing something?

Have you reviewed the change log ?

Lightbulb

I hadn't. Just checked. Nothing there either.

The only thing regarding "publish" that I've found anywhere refers to the requirement of "publishing" a share with a DL, after it's been shared, so that "administrators can notify the new members of the items shared with the DL". That sounds more like the description of the "Notify new members of available shares" checkbox--if it is, that description should really mention something about "automatically", but i digress. I'm guessing these things are related, but as far as *what* checking that box does, I don't know. To be honest the whole process is a little vague. Here's what I've got so far:
    1) Sharing to DL : Sends invitation, if accepted it mounts folder.
    2) Publishing to DL : Allows users to see the share in their own "Preferences : Sharing" if they haven't accepted it yet.
    3) "Notify new members of available shares" : Automatically sends invitations to users who have been added to the DL (those added to DL after this checkbox has been checked/saved).

Here's where I start getting confused. COS configuration has "Automatically add invites with PUBLISH method" checkbox. What does that mean??? O.O Does that mean you "force accept" invitations to people in this COS, when you publish a share? I'm definitely going to go test that theory right now--I was just thinking about starting a "force accept" enhancement request.

Unhappy Didn't work

Nuts. That wasn't it. Ok, so what does it mean then?