Thread: Verify Certificate in Outlook

Hybrid View

Default Verify Certificate in Outlook

Hi all,

I have rtfm'd, stff'd and stfw'd & so far no joy. So, either I'm blind, stupid or the only person with this issue (delete as applicable)

My zimbra MTA has TLS auth only set. Everything is working ok but when a client (generally Outlook) connects to send a message I get security warning with regard to the server's certificate (screen shot attached).

If I click yes then everything is ok so it's more of a nuisance really. Have tried importing various server certs on client machine but, as yet, to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to suppress this irritating popup, I'm getting very snappish with users who phone me to tell me that their mail is not working, only to find that it is just this message.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like Outlook doesn't trust the issuing certificate. Don't quote me on that though

I would guess you just need to import and accept the CA cert, not just the server cert... but I don't really know how, as I'm not that hugely familiar with Outlook. Possibly the IE cert stuff...

Via mmc certificate snap-in, I have imported "server.crt", "smtpd.crt", "tomcat.crt", "ca.pem", found a folder called new CA containing "02.pem" (which I also imported). Finally, I clicked on view certificate in the window shown above, exported it, and then imported it into the certificate store. None of these seem to help!

Did you create a *real* cert or are you still using the default self-signed cert? I think one way you can get around this it to go to the HTTPS web UI (same) cert and accept it in IE. At least this worked for some cases.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Progress?

Well, I figured out that the previous issue was due to the fact that the Zimbra server's certificate specifies the FQDN but my client was set to connect to the server using the ip address. Changed the SMTP server address (in mail client) to use the FQDN instead and then added it to my hosts file. This got rid of the invalid name error, only to be presented with the error shown below instead

Hi Kevin, still using the default CA cert as far as I know. Tried adding the cert from the web UI, didn't help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you try to regenerate the cert. Maybe it expired.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.