Thread: ZCS 6 - Samba and Posixaccount zimlets broken

Default ZCS 6 - Samba and Posixaccount zimlets broken

I have just upgraded from the series 5 to 6 by following
    UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI 6.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki
    and
    Optimizing 5.0 to 6.0 LDAP upgrade - Zimbra :: Wiki

and although everything seemed to go smoothly the interfaces for samba and posixaccount is missing. I have tried redeploying the zimlets with no success. I have noticed many threads in the forums with seemingly the same problem yet I cannot seem to get this issue solved.

What must I do to re-enable these zimlets in the new version of zcs? They are listed as deployed.

I am unable to add users until I get this resolved. I am a network edition customer and have been waiting hours for a call back now. Can I get some Ideas before I fall asleep?
    Last edited by ericortego; 02-17-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Looks like this is the same thing going on:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...k-edition.html

I do not see the certificates or the backup restore zimlets either.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ericortego View Post
    Looks like this is the same thing going on:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...k-edition.html

I do not see the certificates or the backup restore zimlets either.
    Have you followed the instructions in that thread to fix the problem?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Working through it now. I created the missing directory and redeployed the malfunctioning zimlets but that didn't change anything. So, I've removed all zimlets. And am redeploying them one at a time. So far several that were not showing are. I got an error when trying to remove com_zimbra_delegatedadmin
    saying it didn't exist.

I believe that zimlet to be the source of my problem.

I couldn't just create an account as the instructions suggest because I am prevented from creating accounts w/o the samba/posix zimlets due to missing uid/gid properties. ( I'll disable that and go this route if I need.) Still reinstalling zimlets

Actually, it seems to be caused by com_zimbra_domainadmin

Deploying that zimlet causes all the ones that were missing to go missing again.
    Last edited by ericortego; 02-15-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Well, this isn't going very well. I've been deploying and undeploying zimlets all day with various degrees of success/failure.

At one point the zimbra interface did load the samba/posix interface but since the stock .zip's have improper ou's it also was giving me errors relating to that, so I undeployed them, and redeployed those with the proper config_template.xml and to my great surprise again they will not display.

The first time I went through with undeploying/redeploying all zimlets the only issue was the error loading the web console if the domainadmin zimlet is deployed:

Code:
    2010-02-15 12:47:59,501 ERROR [btpool0-12://zimbra.tonychachere.com:7071/service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js?v=100202213223] [] zimlet - 
    19719:6:syntax error
    2010-02-15 12:48:02,422 ERROR [btpool0-12://zimbra.tonychachere.com:7071/service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js?v=100202213223] [] zimlet - 
    19720:14:syntax error
    2010-02-15 12:48:02,441 ERROR [btpool0-12://zimbra.tonychachere.com:7071/service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js?v=100202213223] [] zimlet - 
    1:0:Compilation produced 2 syntax errors.
    2010-02-15 12:48:02,445 ERROR [btpool0-12://zimbra.tonychachere.com:7071/service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js?v=100202213223] [] log - /service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js
    org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Compilation produced 2 syntax errors.
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletResources$1.runtimeError(ZimletResources.java:180)
            at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:410)
            at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:355)
            at com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.parse(JavaScriptCompressor.java:334)
            at com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.<init>(JavaScriptCompressor.java:555)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletResources.service(ZimletResources.java:156)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletFilter.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:924)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    But now the web console ceases to Load past "Loading..." if the com_zimbra_license zimlet is deployed. What would cause this zimlet to choke the entire administration client?

The new version feels very fragile. Is there a proper order that zimlets need to be deployed?

Last but not least SSL has ceased to function for smtp since the upgrade.
    I used to be able to set our external clients to port 587 w/ starttls and all was well. Now, even though they are able to connect to 587 the connection just hangs.