Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: messages in a folder not showing - 5.0.8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    8

    Default messages in a folder not showing - 5.0.8

    We have an account that contains a folder where the messages aren't visible, either in IMAP or via the web interface. If I use either the zmmailbox getFolder command or "mouse over" the folder in the web interface, I can see that it contains 129 messages, but none are displayed. I ran the re-index command on the account today which finished without error, but I still don't see any difference in message visibility. Does anyone have additional hints for troubleshooting?

    Here is the result of the getFolder command
    zmmailbox -z -m realuser@realdomain.com gf "Sun GEH/TILE"
    {
    "id": "57486",
    "name": "TITLE",
    "path": "/Sun GEH/TITLE",
    "parentId": "56023",
    "flags": "*",
    "color": "defaultColor",
    "unreadCount": 0,
    "messageCount": 129,
    "view": "message",
    "url": null,
    "effectivePermissions": null
    }


    Thanks!
    Bill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well it might be the case you dont have actually 129 messages as shown by webclient. This happens many times due to contact_count field. Try for the user facing the issue:

    Work Around
    ----------

    1) zmprov ga user1@domain.com | grep zimbraId

    2) mysql -e "update zimbra.mailbox set contact_count='NULL' where
    account_id='c1476c9e-47fe-3c42-984a-3d834b3aa9s3'"

    3) Restart zimbra

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    A support engineer suggested essentially the same MySQL update:
    update mailbox set contact_count=NULL where comment='user@domain.com';

    and then run a
    zmmailboxdctl restart

    I tried those steps and it didn't make a difference. After re-logging in or using zmmailbox I can still see it listing 129 messages for the folder in question but displaying none.

    Is the "zmmailboxdctl restart" enough or is there some other component that would need to be restarted to clear the behavior?

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Re-creating the spam training e-mail account
    By richard-hdd in forum Administrators
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  2. 'Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server"
    By chirag1 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
  3. Can no longer start desktop
    By foobaz in forum General Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM
  4. .pst migration issues
    By jimklein in forum Migration
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 01:55 AM
  5. Error when Using Outlook PST Importer
    By chh in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •