Thread: unable to start stats in zcs 6.0.5

Hybrid View

Default unable to start stats in zcs 6.0.5

i have been using 6.0.5 for a couple of weeks already and just this morning i noticed that stats was stopped. i tried doing several restarts already hoping stats could start normally but unfortunately it didn't. could anyone please guide me how to find what is causing this.

Please update your profile with the following information
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    and also post the following
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol status

i noticed in the mailbox.log that there are permission denied messages in /opt/zimbra/zmstat/2010-02-20 folders so i tried browsing over /opt/zimbra/zmstat/ folder and noticed that two folders 2010-02-20 and 2010-02-21 have both root:root ownership where the rest of the folders are owned by zimbra:zimbra. i also noticed both folders have drwxr-xr-x folder permissions while the rest of the folders have drwxr-x--- folder permission.

so i tried doing a chown zimbra:zimbra -R on both folders and did a server restart and luckily stat finally started okay.

what troubles me right now is how this thing happened. could it be a bug on zimbra.

Our stats service shuts down a few hours after we enable it, every time. It has been like this since 6 GA .. don't know what to do about it really, I guess just sucking it up and moving on is our current strategy.

Having thousands of lines of this may be a clue:

Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-allprocs line 118

strangely, the problem recurred again and noticed this morning. this time arount it's the 2010-02-28 and 2010-03-01 folders. did the same chown command and everything works fine again. i wonder what is causing this and how to correct it permanently. does anyone in the forum having similar problem?

tonyawbrey Guest

We are having same issue, I found some folders with authority problems like you list and fixed them and now our stats is running again. I suspect it will be short lived until another folder get the wrong ownership again so I opened bug Bug 45010 – Stats service failing due to folder permissions getting set wrong to have zimbra hopefully fix what is causing the folders to get the wrong ownership.