Thread: [SOLVED] Export LDAP and merge...

Default [SOLVED] Export LDAP and merge...

Hi,
    I have a requirement to mix two different resources into a single LDAP directory:

1. Zimbra LDAP (internal users)
    2. MySQL DB (external users)

-> 1+2=Apache Directory Server (all users)

As I already create the ApacheDS from MySQL nightly with a PHP script (excluding "userPassword" so far). I ask myself how I could transfer the SSHA encrypted Zimbra "userPassword"? Also I will need to restructure some attributes to match the requirements of the new LDAP - therefore a simple replica will not do the job.

I also thought of using the ApacheDS as external authentication source for Zimbra, but do neither like the idea of managing internal users on different places nor will I try again to customize the Zimbra LDAP itself.

Somebody has already done a similar thing or ideas how such a concept could be best handled?

Quote Originally Posted by catnipper View Post
    ]I ask myself how I could transfer the SSHA encrypted Zimbra "userPassword"?
    Just found the simplest solution ever:
    As the Zimbra "userPassword" will always be SSHA encrypted, adding the attribute using something like $ldap[id]['userPassword']='{SSHA}H+hJ0vXkSZuMxR/1h1u3ax6oZUky/VhM'
    should do it. I was afraid I would have to get the cleartext password...

Maybe You need Virtual Directory like Penrose (Home - Safehaus) or MyVirtualDirectory (MyVD Virtual Directory - MyVD LDAP Virtual Directory) ?

Thanks ChaSer - I did not know those products, but both look pretty promising!
    Certainly this is much more flexible than any other "home brewed" solution.

You may have saved me lot of typing