Thread: Zimbra 6.0 Oddities

Default Zimbra 6.0 Oddities

Over the weekend we upgraded from Zimbra version 5 (5.0.21) to 6 (6.0.5). Overall a pretty smooth upgrade, but I am getting a few questions / complaints from the users. I wanted to see if these are bugs or "features", and/or if there are any workarounds.

Here's the list so far:

1) Copy and Paste functions not working in HTML Compose with IE 7/8. For this one someone else already opened up bug 44748. However, where it is just happening with IE I'm wondering if anyone knows of an IE setting that might fix this.

2) Address auto-complete now searches within contact groups. I'm assuming that this is a new feature with version 6. However, it seems like there should be a user option to turn this on or off. As one person said to me "I want to send a message to a certain person. If I wanted to send to my contact group I would have searched for that." In any case, it definitely seems like there is an extra keystroke / mouse-click if a user exists in a contact group.

3) Printing seems a bit flaky. A user showed me an example of a printed email where the text is extremely small. The user later returned asking if I had "fixed" something, and said now the print size was better, but causing things to go to 2 pages when it should fit on one.

my frustration with printing is that it puts zimbra words at the top, and my email address as well.

I have multiple persona's and I dont necessarily want my main one along with the words zimbra printed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by phingers View Post
    my frustration with printing is that it puts zimbra words at the top, and my email address as well.

I have multiple persona's and I dont necessarily want my main one along with the words zimbra printed on it.
    You can adapt the css and template for prints quite easily. Be careful with upgrades though, changes may be overwritten.