Thread: Address auto-complete / GAL Sync in 6.0.5

Default Address auto-complete / GAL Sync in 6.0.5

Over the weekend we upgraded from Zimbra version 5.0.20 to 6.0.5. Since the upgrade I've been getting some complaints from users that address auto-complete is not working properly; basically not returning all the correct results.

I've searched around and finally came across some info both in the forums and in the wiki regarding the GAL Sync Account. When I went into the Admin Console for this setup I found a box that was checked off that said something to the effect of "Use GAL Sync Account" (can't verify the wording as this option is now gone), however the account info was not configured. (Is this a bug that this got turned on by default during the upgrade?) Using the info on the wiki I've now got the GAL sync account set-up (hopefully correctly).

Two questions:
    1) Would the fact that the box was checked to use a GAL sync account, but no account info was in there have been a possible cause of the auto-complete issues?

2) Now that I've got the GAL Sync Account configured does anything else need to be set-up at the user level (or elsewhere) to use it? I couldn't find anything in the Admin Console at the user level, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

"galsync" is ordinary Zimbra user account with internal authentication (you can change its password, login and see its addressbooks).
    It does not matter how to create this account: by hands or automaticaly when GAL configuration.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm a little confused by it. Maybe I didn't pose my question correctly. In my second question I was not referring to the "galsync" account itself, but rather asking if I needed to do anything for other "regular" users after setting up the "galsync" account in order to use it.

Thanks,
    John