I'm right now getting ready to send out my fourth or fifth notice about bugs that we're experiencing in Zimbra 6.0.5 (after our upgrade from 5.0.21). We've been using Zimbra since the late 4.x series and I've never seen so many annoying and frustrating bugs. Some of those listed below are in bugzilla already. Some I haven't been able to find and I'm submitting individual support cases for each one.
- Users of Firefox version 3.5.8 have had many different issues - these have been fixed by upgrading to 3.6
- Most users of IE 7 are unable to use the auto-complete ("Error on page" is displayed)
- In IE 8, users are having difficulty copying & pasting while composing emails. Right clicking doesn't show copy as a choice. Using CTRL + C on highlighted text only seems to de-select this text.
- Shared calendars are giving pop-up notifications. This has driven our departments (where many people have access to the calendars of colleagues in their office) crazy.
- We had to reindex mailboxes for all users so that searching works. In some cases, reindexing once appeared to fix the problem. In some the problem started up again (where almost an search returned no results) and we were forced to reindex again. Even the progress bar for the reindex is broken and shows no progress (it goes from "status: running, progress: numSucceeded=0, numFailed=0, numRemaining=0" to showing that there is no index in progress for the account in question).
- Users are unable to use 'tab' while composing a message (to move forward a tab's width in the current line).
- On the admin side, I'm getting "Server status data is not available. To see the server status, logger service must be installed". Of course zmcontrol status returns that the logger service is in fact running.
These are not all - its just short sample of bugs that are consistently reproducible for us. None of these had been a problem in 5.0.21 or 5.0.x in general. I had hoped by waiting to 6.0.5 that bugs like these would be shaken out but its really been frustrating. Users who have thought Zimbra was the best thing since sliced bread before are now very unhappy with all the problems they've had since the upgrade last weekend.
Now - its back to searching bugzilla and submitting more reports....