Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 3 testing: LDAP: 389 Failed when restore zimbra

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorLeong
    Thanks you so much.

    However, I found the best solution.

    when I used tar command to backup the files and restore, no ldap failed.( I used cp command before, cp command can not copy some files. )
    hi victor-

    I'm having the same problem with a test restore that i'm working on. I don't really understand how you solved the issue though?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbyt
    hi victor-

    I'm having the same problem with a test restore that i'm working on. I don't really understand how you solved the issue though?
    Don't use cp command to copy the zimbra folder. Use mv command to do it.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9

    Default This is happening because ZCS crashes SuSE's BIND.

    It will crash SuSE's LDAP server if you opt to use it instead of the ZCS LDAP server. This then crashes BIND.

    If you opt for the ZCS LDAP server, it may work but BIND will not run with ZCS's LDAP.

    In turn, LDAP must be able to resolve properly through BIND to work.

    This is generating your errors.

    I may have to use a diferrent name server for resolutions but I want to run the server on the same machine as ZCS.

    Still trying!!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brock View Post
    It will crash SuSE's LDAP server if you opt to use it instead of the ZCS LDAP server. This then crashes BIND.

    If you opt for the ZCS LDAP server, it may work but BIND will not run with ZCS's LDAP.

    In turn, LDAP must be able to resolve properly through BIND to work.

    This is generating your errors.

    I may have to use a diferrent name server for resolutions but I want to run the server on the same machine as ZCS.

    Still trying!!!
    I have no problem in SuSE. What's SUSE version you have to install?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9

    Default SuSE 10.2

    I received a reply from another forum saying ZCS wouldn't run with 10.2.

    I believe it will work if I use the ZCS supplied LDAP and run BIND on another machine.

    My problem arises when I try to run 10.2's supplied LDAP and BIND.

  6. #16
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brock View Post
    I received a reply from another forum saying ZCS wouldn't run with 10.2.
    Actually, my comment was that it wouldn't run with BIND & LDAP installed on 10.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brock View Post
    I believe it will work if I use the ZCS supplied LDAP and run BIND on another machine.
    That's quite probably true although it's not, at the moment, a supported operating system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brock View Post
    My problem arises when I try to run 10.2's supplied LDAP and BIND.
    You never will be able to run another LDAP on the same server as Zimbra, a BIND instance should run fine but there is a problem with openSuSE 10.2
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. huge log size
    By rmvg in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM
  4. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
  5. FC3 Install and no zimbra ?
    By aws in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •