Thread: [SOLVED] Is it possible to route mail for users that don't exist?

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Is it possible to route mail for users that don't exist?

I would like to find out if it's possible, and if so, how to configure it. I have only a small number of users on my Zimbra system and a larger number of accounts with the same email domain name on a different server. Is it possible to configure to automatically forward all mails to users that don't exist on the Zimbra server to my other server?

Thanks!

Here's what I'm really trying to do. I use Zimbra only for a few users who need webmail. All of our email is going through a sendmail SMTP server, and the ones who need Zimbra access are getting their emails copied and aliased to our Zimbra subdomain. Now someone needs a vacation autoresponder, but Zimbra won't autorespond to these aliased mails since the original recipient does not match the account on Zimbra. The only way I have found to get Zimbra to autorespond to emails is to add my original domain to it and add aliases for the user. However, mail from Zimbra to my original domain is now getting lost because Zimbra thinks the accounts don't exist. If there is another way to do what I'm looking for, I'd be very grateful to hear how.

Smile Maybe Setup domain as if it was a secondary server

If I understand this correctly, it is similar to what I wanted to do.
    I am using my ISP as the Primary mail collector, then using my Zimbra box to collect mail for those users I wish to migrate one by one.

Any mail send from the users on the Zimbra box would get lost if the recipient did not exist on the same box. By following this part of the guide...

Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki

I was able to have mail forwarded through my smart host who also hosted the other accounts.

Hope this helps, if it does, it just makes me feel better about learning Zimbra myself and that I am actually learning something here

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by techhelp View Post
    If I understand this correctly, it is similar to what I wanted to do.
    I am using my ISP as the Primary mail collector, then using my Zimbra box to collect mail for those users I wish to migrate one by one.

Any mail send from the users on the Zimbra box would get lost if the recipient did not exist on the same box. By following this part of the guide...

Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki

I was able to have mail forwarded through my smart host who also hosted the other accounts.

Hope this helps, if it does, it just makes me feel better about learning Zimbra myself and that I am actually learning something here

Worked beautifully! Thanks very much

Default Good confirmation for what I did also.

Not sure how to mark this solved but I am glad it worked, it is confirmation that I am on the right track too.