Thread: Password Migration from SUSE / Blowfish

Hybrid View

Default Password Migration from SUSE / Blowfish

Hi everybody,

I am trying to migrate User Passwords from a SUSE 10 Server to Zimbra on CentOS. As war as I can see, the Hashs in /etc/shadow on the SUSE machine are encrpyted with Blowfish (starts with $2a$). Is it possible at all to migrate them to Zimbra?

I tried with
    Code:
    zmprov ma user@domain userPassword '{Blowfish}$2a$05$6SOzviSKXjksPoTmt3S2yOS/FoLHICnEFQSogiJ77bCLVAb2t7lJa'
    This actually changes the Password hash of my user, I can see that through a LDAP Admin Tool, its no longer {SSHA}....., but now {Blowfish}....... .

Now I dont know if the {Blowfish} Version is correct or possible at all. And in addition I am confused b/c although the hash password entry in the LDAP is changed, the new password doesnt work, but the initial one set by Zimbra still is. Shouldnt that one be inavlid now, as the hash password entry in LDAP obviously changed

If I will use opensuse that have native support of blowfish hashes in crypt() glibc function will my blowfish passwords added as '{crypt}$2a$...' work?

Hi,

I actually can't tell you, but I think it should. Good luck!

Oh and btw, I never got the import of the Blowfish encrypted passwords from Suse to CentOS working, I had to reset all passwords....

Its work in opensuse.
    So I can get blowfish hashes working in centos by building custom glibc with owl blowfish patch.

I have the same problem. Import from PLD Linux with Exim (old server) to Debian Lenny 5.0.6 with Zimbra (new server). Accounts with passwords are encrypted bcrypt ($2a$). How to?