Thread: How to create a specific domain alias?

Default How to create a specific domain alias?

Hello!

I've got the following situation on my company.

We've got all mail addresses on a @domain.com domain. The problem is that my company is situated in Brazil, and many people send e-mails to the @domain.com.br.

The .br domain is also ours, but we don't want to create an alias for every person, since we want to enforce people to send mail to us via @domain.com. Instead, we want to have an automated responder so that, each email sent to user@domain.com.br receives an automated response asking the sender to re-send the email to user@domain.com instead.

I could only think about creating a response@domain.com.br, create an alias for every user to this account, and in this account, create an automated response. The problem is that I'd have to manage all aliases for all accounts on the company, creating one alias for every account created and removing it for every account deleted.

Is there a good solution for my problem? I'm running ZCS 5.0.15, regular license on CentOS 4.5.

Thank you very much.

you should look at using a domain catchall.

Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki

so basically you'd setup one user@domain.com.br and make it so any e-mail sent to taht domain got delivered to that account, which you could then setup one generic autoresponse for. However I doubt you'd be able to make a really smart autoresponse that would be custom for the address they sent to, you'd just have to make a generic message.

Hello bdial.

Thank you very much for the fast and precise reply, the catchall worked exactly as I wanted.

A custom autoresponse is not that important. A generic auto-response will work just fine.

I'm facing now just two small issues, maybe you can help me with them.

The first is that, all e-mails for the @domain.com.br go to the response@domain.com.br which I created, just as I expected, but, they are no treated as mail sent to response@domain.com.br, which then, make that the auto-response is not sent to this person who sent the email to @domain.com.br. [EDIT] It seems that there's no filter which replies, or, any filter which would forward this message to the response@domain.com.br will make the e-mail fall on an infinite loop. Is there any way to tweak the auto-response filter so that all e-mail which goes to the inbox gets the automated reply?

The second issue is that all those messages which are sent to @domain.com.br are being tagged as spam, and sent to the junk folder, and I believe it is not possible to disable spam protection to specific account, correct? [EDIT] Fixed.

Again, thank you very much for your reply.

Kind regards,

Marcelo Ellmann
    Last edited by ellmann; 03-22-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Updated my current situation.