Thread: Anti-spam rule doubt

Hybrid View

Default Anti-spam rule doubt

I All,

I have one doubt regarding how anti-spam filter works in the sendmail MTA. I have read the Zimbra Wiki:

...How well the anti-spam filter works depends on recognizing what is considered spam or not considered spam. The SpamAssassin filter can learn what is spam and what is not spam from messages that users specifically mark as Junk from their web client toolbar or Not Junk from the web client Junk folder. A copy of these marked messages is sent to the appropriate spam training mailbox.The Zimbra spam training tool, zmtrainsa, is configured to automatically retrieve these messages and train the spam filter...
    My question is... if I'm using IMAP client (like thunderbird) and I manually drop an incoming email to the "junk" folder... the anti-spam agent will try to learn that email? or this only work on webmail client?

I had a tag subject from incoming spam... but few spam-mails have been mark with that tag. However, the anti-spam rules on thunderbird detect those mails and move them to junk folder.

Maybe my spam-agent its not "learning" at all... cos I have check the user accounts on the admin web... and I don't find any "spam" or "ham" account....

I'm a bit lost on this topic...

Thanks,
    Kharmander

Default similar to bug 8829

This is similar, but not identical, to bug 8829. Right now, in IMAP neither flagging something as Junk/$Junk nor moving something to the Junk folder will enter it into the spam training system.

Can you file a bug on this (IMAP COPY to Junk doesn't train anti-spam) in bugzilla?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default another bug

Hi dkarp,

I have filed a bug about "IMAP COPY to Junk doesn't train anti-spam"...

Bytheway... I guess there is another bug regarding IMAP protocol....When you erase a message that is in the junk folder on an IMAP client, the server junk folder keeps the message (I have seen it by browsing junk folder on webmail client).

There is some problems with IMAP protocol implementation on Zimbra servers...

Another problem I have detected concern filter rules. I have translated the web client interface to spanish and when I add a filter like:

"when detected X move to folder "Entrada/Xfolder (Inbox/Xfolder)".

Instead of moving X mails to Xfolder on Inbox ("Entrada" in spanish), it creates a new folder named "Entrada" outsite de mailbox structure and move the X messages there.

I hope my explanation has been clear :S

Regards,
    Kharmander
    Last edited by kharmander; 08-02-2006 at 07:19 AM.

Default check out bugzilla

Quote Originally Posted by kharmander
    Bytheway... I guess there is another bug regarding IMAP protocol....When you erase a message that is in the junk folder on an IMAP client, the server junk folder keeps the message (I have seen it by browsing junk folder on webmail client).
    That's what IMAP does. It markes the message as \Deleted, but the message is not actually removed from the server until the client does an EXPUNGE or CLOSE. Your IMAP client is just hiding those \Deleted messages... Our bug on this topic is bug 2712.

Quote Originally Posted by kharmander
    Another problem I have detected concern filter rules. I have translated the web client interface to spanish and when I add a filter like:

"when detected X move to folder "Entrada/Xfolder (Inbox/Xfolder)".

Instead of moving X mails to Xfolder on Inbox ("Entrada" in spanish), it creates a new folder named "Entrada" outsite de mailbox structure and move the X messages there.
    This is bug 9000, fixed in the next release.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!